Did RCCL really just made Princess Fiona from Shrek the Godmother of Allure...

SkaterJasp

OMG Serious?? How sad if you are!! I about spit my Apple Crisp out while I was reading this, funniest thing I've read all day. Now, where is a paper towel? :D

Glad I could be entertaining :). It is just not the orge thing, but several reasons why it is time to try different cruiselines. Seriously, Fiona!

I could see if this made the cruise experience lacking in some way, but I do not think the name of the Godmother of the ship will make the experience any worse. RCI is always doing innovative things that some people just will not like. The design of their ships, using the music from Lust for Life as their theme song and picking a Godmother that had appeared nude in Playboy just to name a few.

Gregg

Personally, I thought it was silly to name 7 Godmothers on the Oasis. I saw one of them while I was onboard and this particular godmother wasn't very friendly. I understand they are all "famous" in some way- but almost no one recognized her and when I went to talk to her she wasn't pleasant.

I think Fiona is a very appropriate choice for the situation. However, what happens when Dreamworks & Royal Caribbean no longer have this relationship... Will they change the Godmother???

Some seem to be upset that a fictional character was named as godmother. However, a ship is an inanimate object, so I think it's more odd that it would have a godmother to begin with. But, I'm assuming in sailing terms it means something different than helping to raise the ship in religious faith.:confused:

What was so interesting about the naming ceremony was as soon as the 3D video was complete, the plug was then pulled on the streaming video! Just went to total blackness! It even sounded like someone pulling a pllug. Guess they had used all of their internet credit! :D:eek:

Haha.. .yes it was so abrupt!!:eek:

Archived