Union Discounts does NCl ask for the Card at the Pier?

Nurse4heartkids

Advertising. The cruises sound so great. We loved Alaska. From years on the CC board it seems some have gone several times. Do you do something different every time or are you comfortable doing the same excursions every time?

Does anyone one know what is considered an ok document if they do ask. My husband does not have a card as his union (although a union) is more of a drinking club then an actual union.

I didn't have a card and sent them a copy of my paystub showing the union dues (blacked out all personal info that was not relevant). His union sounds more fun than mine tho =).

When I booked my cruise direct with NCL the agent asked for my Union number. ?? He said it should be on my union card. I said I don't have a union card. He said I need to bring something to the port from my union showing that I'm a member or I may be charged the full price. He suggested a pay stub. My problem is that in the deduction column on my check stub my dues are listed as "UN L". Doesn't seem descriptive enough to me. Not sure what to bring.

I had a similar situation when booking under the 'Interline' rate (for airline employees). The first time I had to fax over proof of employment, (a letter from the airline indicating my employment service dates.)

I also received a disclaimer that failure to do so, would result in having to pay the full fare at check-in.

Since that time, they have the letter on file, so it is no longer necessary.

Although I do carry my airline ID with me anyway.

We had to fax over proof of membership when we booked our cruise but were never asked at the port for any proof. Of course we had the proof with us any way just in case they asked for it again. If you are members of AARP sometimes the AARP rate (using PGAARP1 code) is a better discount than the union discount. I check them all before booking and before final payment!

You sound like me, we don't have any 'cards' and my paystub also says UN L so that will have to do if they question it. You can always show them a copy of your local or national newsletter....

USPS?

I thought about the newsletter, good idea. My local hasn't been very helpful in the past when requesting a letter proving my union membership. Even when I was a steward. :(

Advertising. The cruises sound so great. We loved Alaska. From years on the CC board it seems some have gone several times. Do you do something different every time or are you comfortable doing the same excursions every time?

I am a multi time repeater. I do, do a lot of the same touring since it is my preferece. But have done a LOT of tours.

Archived