What do you know about Liberty of the Seas?

mscooter49

Looking for some info on getting the beverage pack vs drinking the water out of the faucet and what does a large pepsi cost if you don't get the all you can drink pass?

Liberty, and all RCI ships I believe, use reverse osmosis for water filtering -- there's nothing better than that in terms of purity. I don't know why some people bring heavy bottles of water on board -- you just need one bottle and can keep refilling it with the ship's water. Can't answer the pepsi question.

Looking for some info on getting the beverage pack vs drinking the water out of the faucet and what does a large pepsi cost if you don't get the all you can drink pass?

RCI ships serve Coke products [typically coke, diet coke, sprite] -- no Pepsi. The package costs $6.90 [gratuity incl] a day for all you can drink. By the can it is $2.24 [gratuity incl.] So if, in the absence of buying the package, you would buy 3 or fewer cans a day, go with the cans.

We came back from Liberty of the Seas a week and a half ago. I miss her.

Anyway, the water out of the faucet is delicious. There is no after-taste nor a mineral taste. However, the water is not very cold. You will have an ice bucket that your stateroom attendant should (hopefully) keep filled.

Note-there are signs on all the water bubblers stating that Department of Health codes prevent the filling of water bottles. One can use a cup to fill a bottle. (We got a plastic cup from the Promenade Cafe and kept it in our cabin for just that use.)

Can't comment on soda prices since we only drink water. (Not counting alcohol, of course. ;))

I noticed a sign at the Promenade Cafe that the soda package is only $4/day IF you sign up for it the first day so stop there and check first. $2/day savings isn't bad.

NO pepsi products which about did me in on LOS. Water is good, just get ice like another poster said. Or fill the bottle at night and put in your mini fridge to get cold.

I noticed a sign at the Promenade Cafe that the soda package is only $4/day IF you sign up for it the first day so stop there and check first. $2/day savings isn't bad.

It's $6 per day for adults, $4 per day for children (under 18), plus gratuity, whether you buy it ahead of time or onboard the first day.

NO pepsi products which about did me in on LOS. Water is good, just get ice like another poster said. Or fill the bottle at night and put in your mini fridge to get cold.

It's $6 per day for adults, $4 per day for children (under 18), plus gratuity, whether you buy it ahead of time or onboard the first day.

Yes, I believe that you misread the sign. $4 per day is for under 18's. The signs all tell you that you have to purchase the package on the first day.

You CAN purchase it on a later day, but you'll still have to pay for all of the days of your cruise!

Can anyone tell me whether you get a special drinking cup/mug if you purchase the adult beverage package, or it they give you a new drinking glass each time you order a soda?

Thanks for any info :)

They give you a covered, insulated cup when you purchase the package. If you order in advance, it will be in your room when you arrive. While I sometimes use it because it is bigger than the average bar glass, it is not necessary. Your purchase will be indicated on your sea pass [pre-printed if purchased in advance or by a sticker if you purchase on board]. You can get soda at any bar or other fountain location -- in a clean glass every time.

Archived