Portofino Question

CruisingLover

Hi

We will be sailing on RCCL Explorer of the Seas in July. I think I heard there is a different restaurant on board (besides the main dining room and Johnny Rockets) and I think it's called Portofino. Is that the correct name and does it cost extra to go there or is it just like eating in the main dining room where it's already paid for?

Thanks

Hi

We will be sailing on RCCL Explorer of the Seas in July. I think I heard there is a different restaurant on board (besides the main dining room and Johnny Rockets) and I think it's called Portofino. Is that the correct name and does it cost extra to go there or is it just like eating in the main dining room where it's already paid for?

Thanks

They have only Portofino, in terms of alternate dining. Other ships also feature Chops. Portofino is fine Italian dinign and it's $25 to eat there, which includes the tip. I've read dozens of trip reports now and not a single person has regretted paying the premium. There are samples menus posted in the menu area of cruiseclues.com

Hi

Thanks for the replies :) So if we were to eat at Portofino's do we need to make reservations? Also, does the $25 include everything (food and drinks)?

Do they have a Johnny Rockets on board too and does it cost extra for that also?

The last cruise we took was in 2001 on Majesty and they didn't have any of the "other" dining places besides Windjammer.

Thanks Again!!

we were on the jewel this paast dec. ate in portofinos twice. it was 20..00 extra and did not include drinks but if you wanted 3 appetizers and 2 deserts plus your entree....no problem. although you'll never be able to consume the quantity of food that that would represent. portofinos is as good or better than most neighborhood italian restaurants. i would HIGHLY recommend trying it.

Archived