Hotel in Galveston

S.O.C.I.O.C.A.T.s

You need to decide if you want to stay on

1. Gulf of Mexico Beach Area (many hotels)

2. Historic Old Town Strand Port Area (Tremont and Harbor House)

3. Bayside Area (2) Moody Gardens Hotels

Tremont and Harbor House are 2-3 blocks to terminal.

Everything is close though!

All hotel/motels are just two or so miles from terminal anyway.

To get bearings of island

Look at FREE internet map

See Galveston.com

Interact and Discover

Maps

Galveston Fun Map

Click on the image of the Galveston Fun Map

We are on the Mariner TA arriving Galveston Nov 11 2011 (11/11/11 What do you know!!)

We are looking to stay over a night in Galveston. Any recommendations on hotels? Any help appreciated.

Paul

prfssrpah@aol.com:)

Since your question is directly on hotel recommendations

In my opinion

St Luis, Hilton, Moody Gardens, Tremont, Galvez and Harbor House

are the better hotels.

Many other nice ones also though!

Two brand new ones are Country Inn and Sheridon Four Points

We are on the Mariner TA arriving Galveston Nov 11 2011 (11/11/11 What do you know!!)

We are looking to stay over a night in Galveston. Any recommendations on hotels? Any help appreciated.

Paul

prfssrpah@aol.com:)

We live in Galveston!

Also will be on Rome Galveston TA with you.

Just brought Voyager back from Barcelona to Galveston also.

Feel free to ask more questions!:D

We live in Galveston!

Also will be on Rome Galveston TA with you..........

Feel free to ask more questions!:D

We too are taking the Mariner crossing in October 2011. Have been to other US states before but this will be our first visit to Texas. As such, we plan to spend 6 or 7 days in the Galveston/Houston area before flying back to UK. Are there any good country & western bar/restuarants in Galveston where we can have a meal, enjoy a beer or two, try our hand at the Texas two step and let rip an occasional Yeehaw :eek: ?

www.thegrand.com

Galveston

live music and theater events

first class

www.oldquarteracousticcafe.com

Galveston

live music

a dive but some good musicians every now and then

www.bigtexassaloon.com

North Houston

live music and dancing

never been there

www.gruenehall.com

San Antonio area

oldest dance hall in texas

live music and dancing

my favorite out of town

FOR THE REAL EXPERIENCE and Great Place to Visit

Also do Riverwalk in SA

www.houstonredneck.com

Houston mid town

live music and dancing

my favorite in Houston for dancing

Thursday and Friday only

http://www.mcgonigels.com

Houston mid town

live music and dancing

my favorite in Houston for listening to music

www.bigtexassaloon.com

Clear Lake near Nasa and Galveston

live music and dancing

never been there

At this moment, I am sitting in the Country Inns & Suites in Galveston. We sail out tomorrow.

There are a number of hotels in the area, with the most popular being along the "seawall". Some tend to be pricey, but there are some good values to be had.

I am paying $89/night... I selected this one for several reasons: The wife wanted an indoor pool; they allow us to leave our car here while cruising ; it is in the area I wanted; it is a new hotel and got good reviews by others ; it has free wifi and free breakfast; king bed with refrigerator

Besides this one, in that same price range there are: a nice Best Western, 2 Comfort Suites, Holiday Inn, Quality Inn.. and many more

We are sailing on the Magic Nov 14th (Monday) and want to be in Galveston Sunday when she arrives. What is the best hotel on the seawall where we can watch her arrival? I've heard that will be a large fanfare going on and want to be a part of it. Nancy

We stayed at the Garden Inn and it was very nice. It was in the middle of the island but an easy walk to the strand especially if you like looking at all the historic homes. They also didn't require a two night stay and offered parking during the cruise.

We are sailing on the Magic Nov 14th (Monday) and want to be in Galveston Sunday when she arrives. What is the best hotel on the seawall where we can watch her arrival? I've heard that will be a large fanfare going on and want to be a part of it. Nancy

Unless you get a hotel that has at least 4 stories and have a room on the top floor, I doubt you can see across galveston, 3 miles approx to the port.

Why not go to the port area to watch the ship come in?? Near harbor house.

I thought, hey I will just look out the window and see the ship if its in when I was at quality inn and suites, and it was too foggy to see 3 miles to the port.

see thread 10/20/10

navbits_start.gif Cruise Critic Message Boards > North American Homeports > Gulf Coast Departures navbits_finallink_ltr.gif Hotel in Galveston to watch our ship come in?

• 4 months later...

I called the County Inn direct, and I told them were we coming in for a cruise.. I told them I was looking at the best deal I could find. They quoted my that price. Maybe I hit them on an "off" time.. who knows.

But it was perfect for our stay. They allowed us to leave our car in their lot free of charge, and when we returned it was still there. ;)

• 2 months later...
I was wondering also how they got that great rate for Country inns and suites. we are also looking to stay here in Feb2012

I don't know if you have found a room yet or not but if not the Quality Inn & Suites has a room for $59.95 this far out. The closer it gets it will be a lot higher. If you check their rates closer in you will see how much higher they are. I got one for May that is $53.95 which is the senior rate.

Have a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if you have found a room yet or not but if not the Quality Inn & Suites has a room for $59.95 this far out. The closer it gets it will be a lot higher. If you check their rates closer in you will see how much higher they are. I got one for May that is $53.95 which is the senior rate.

Have a great cruise!

I was just looking at their site and seen the same rate. We need it for Feb 2012 as well. I think I might just book it.

I was just looking at their site and seen the same rate. We need it for Feb 2012 as well. I think I might just book it.

I hope it works out for you. Have a great time! You don't have as long a wait as we do.

Archived