Days INN in Ft. Lauderdale

lovestovacation88

Hey guys,

We'll be staying at the Days INN Ft. Lauderdale precruise. Does anyone know whats around the area? Is it safe? Where can we find food, beer and wine before the cruise? Thanks!!

Located at 1595 W. Oakland Park Blvd.

Don't stay there!

There are lots of hotels that offer free shuttles to both that are in safe areas:

Sleep Inn Dania

3 Hampton Inns

Hyatt Place north (valuetrips.com has good rates)

LaQuinta Hollywood or Plantation

many of the airport area hotels by Stirling Rd.

Just do a search on this board and you'll get lots of suggestions. If your hotel is non-refundable, just grin and bear it, I suppose. It's not that bad but it's not good either. Are the tripadvisor reviews actually good for the Days Inn?

OMG, is it that bad? I bought my hotel room already..... What seems to be the issue? I thought it was convient with the free airport transfers and port transfer. Any other suggestions then??? That has the same anemenities..

It is not a great neighborhood ... can you get a refund or did you prepay?

I wish people would check with us and Tripadvisor BEFORE they book. If the shuttle doesn't show up the roundtrip cabfare might cost as much as the room. (I'm assuming the room cost less than $50 a night because it's an old motel in a bad neighborhood.) Previously I stated "it's not that bad but it's not that good either"...I said that because there are a few worse neighborhoods, but it really is that bad now that I think about it.

Yes, it is that bad !

Working in the hotel business over the years in Ft. Lauderdale, there are some names to stay away from in all of Florida. (Sorry to the hardworking people who might have an exception and are trying to keep up a safe and clean property).

In General, stay away from:

Days Inn

Rodeway Inn

Red Carpet

Motel 6

Ramada Inn

Knights Inn

older Comfort Inn

any downtown hotel that is really cheap

any hotel that has 'truck parking'

Please anyone feel free to add to the list - or - subtract, if anyone has improved.

Cruisers : I'm sure you are choosing your cruise with care -

Do the same with your choice of hotel - the shuttle bus is not the only criteria you should look at.

Glad I found this - we are in Ft Lauderdale Feb 19th to sail on 20th on Freedom. We won't be arriving from Toronto until midnight and just really need a place to put our heads. Any body come up with any good yet with shuttle - I still have time to research so will let you know if I find anything. I was on a site that said not to use Orbitz as there were a number of suits against them.. I always check with Trip Advisor for reviews - pretty good luck so far. Talk to you all later.

Echocat - I haven't been in that Days lately - at one time it was very nice-when new- and was Days Inn of the Year (more than 10 years ago). It was very nice with a Denny's next door. It is a multi-story property with inside corridors. I would probably stay there. See there can be exceptions to what I said above . But as I haven't been there in awhile, I would :

Call the hotel directly and check for any info. and check the sites for hotel reviews.

*sigh* I guess I have to grin and bear it for one night. I did check with tripadviosr and it didn't seem toooo bad at the time before I knew about Cruise Critic. Well luckily we arrive pretty late in the evening and just need to sleep till we board the ship the following morning!!

But thanks ya'll for all the tips. Does anyone know what time Princess Ruby allows for arrival? I think I'll be heading there earlier!

Days Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport/Cruiseport

1700 West Broward Blvd I 95

Ft Lauderdale, FL 33312 US

Soooo is this one on the bad list too? :(

YES!!! It's in the worst part of Fort Lauderdale, worse than the other one! The local paper once said that on the advice of police lock your car doors, keep your windows up, and do not stop!

YES!!! It's in the worst part of Fort Lauderdale, worse than the other one! The local paper once said that on the advice of police lock your car doors, keep your windows up, and do not stop!

Wow I appreciate your information. Glad I asked. I guess we will keep looking. I wouldn't sleep a wink now with that knowledge.

Yes, it is that bad !

Working in the hotel business over the years in Ft. Lauderdale, there are some names to stay away from in all of Florida. (Sorry to the hardworking people who might have an exception and are trying to keep up a safe and clean property).

In General, stay away from:

Days Inn

Rodeway Inn

Red Carpet

Motel 6

Ramada Inn

Knights Inn

older Comfort Inn

any downtown hotel that is really cheap

any hotel that has 'truck parking'

Please anyone feel free to add to the list - or - subtract, if anyone has improved.

Cruisers : I'm sure you are choosing your cruise with care -

Do the same with your choice of hotel - the shuttle bus is not the only criteria you should look at.

This is outstanding advice and if you don't mind, I'd like to add it to my blog. I've said as much for years but people still want to stay there after you say no.

That is so true, people do make the same mistakes over & over.

Please do add this to your blog and thanks for wanting to spread the word . Also, I have a few more you may want to add to the list :

Super 8

Inns of America

older Red Roof Inn

Keep up all your helpful advice,

M.A.

How about Comfort Inn on Stirling Rd.?

I read reviews on numerous sites that say it is fine. Old and outdated but fine for a late night, pre cruise stay.

Plus it has a strip mall(K-Mart) nearby for any last minute needs.

I haven't stayed there, but based on what I've read I'm sure that it is fine. A lot of CC members have been recommending it lately.

Archived