Which toiletries on Volendam currently?

smalldog

Hello all, has anyone been on the Volendam recently?

I will be sailing Dec 17 and was wondering if they still have the little bottles of shampoo and conditioner. I tried them on an Alaska cruise last year and found them very good, so I was thinking maybe I wouldn't bother taking my own bottles from home this time...

But I've heard they've changed to big dispensers on some ships. Can anyone give up to date info on the Volendam please?

many thanks :)

p.s. we will just be in one of the small outside cabins on a lower deck, if that makes any difference

But I've heard they've changed to big dispensers on some ships.
The wall-mounted dispensers are only on the Nieuw Amsterdam ... so far. They contain the same Elemis products that you get in bottles on the other ships. :)

IMO the wall dispensers will gradually spread to other ships. I'm sure the products must cost less in bulk, and almost none of it goes home with passengers!

smalldog,

The toiletries on the Volendam consisted of the little bottles of Elemis shampoo, conditioner, shower/bath gel and body lotion. There is also the pure zest cleansing soap 50g size. I believe these are available in all cabins.:)

The house keeping supervisor on our floor,who had been our cabin steward 2 years ago, told us that when the ship goes for refurbishing that the shampoo, conditioner and bath/shower gel will be changed to the dispensers.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise on the beautiful Volendam, when you return would you let me know who the Captain and House Manager are?

Thanks guys. If the dispensers contain the same product as the little bottles, that won't worry me. It seems much more environmentally smart as well, not to be generating so many little bottles! :)

Erewhon, I'll try to find out the captain and house manager... (I tend to forget names a bit easily :o)

smalldog,

The toiletries on the Volendam consisted of the little bottles of Elemis shampoo, conditioner, shower/bath gel and body lotion. There is also the pure zest cleansing soap 50g size. I believe these are available in all cabins.:)

The house keeping supervisor on our floor,who had been our cabin steward 2 years ago, told us that when the ship goes for refurbishing that the shampoo, conditioner and bath/shower gel will be changed to the dispensers.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise on the beautiful Volendam, when you return would you let me know who the Captain and House Manager are?

Do you know when the ship is schedled for refurbishing? We have our first HAL cruise booked on the Volendam next year.

m steve,

I can assure you that the only soap we were supplied with on the Volendam, for 36 nights, was the Elemis "Pure Zest Cleansing Soap" 50 g. ( white in colour and round shape). There was no smaller sized white round soap as we have experienced in the past. When we first entered our suite, was surprised when walking into the bathroom to see only one type of soap.

I asked our cabin steward if there was any of the small lemon scented glycerine soap, but was told it was no longer available. Our steward must have mentioned my request to the house keeping supervisor of our floor, as the supervisor came to our room to explain the situation.

Well Lu Ann, I am feeling quite miffed that the lemon soap is available on some ships and not on the Volendam. I really like that soap.

Last year on the Statendam it was not in our bathroom, so enquired from our room steward if it was available, he then kept our bathroom supplied for the 28 days. I wondered if it was rationed.!!

That is why I asked for it this year on the Volendam. When not available thought that it must be another cut-back.

Hi Startwin,

We were posting at the same time. It's been a warm Sunday here, have attended our street barbecue, a very pleasant afternoon.Good to meet new neighbours.

Am pleased to know that we were not the only people on the Volendam deprived of that nice yellow lemon soap.!!

Well Lu Ann, I am feeling quite miffed that the lemon soap is available on some ships and not on the Volendam. I really like that soap.

Last year on the Statendam it was not in our bathroom, so enquired from our room steward if it was available, he then kept our bathroom supplied for the 28 days. I wondered if it was rationed.!!

That is why I asked for it this year on the Volendam. When not available thought that it must be another cut-back.

that they would have it on some ships and not others...maybe they are just using up what they have on board and not ordering any new?? I brought some home with me...:cool:..want me to mail you a couple?? :D LuAnn

Archived