Just off Voyager Western Caribbean,,,questions??

state of the carpets. They were in good shape, clean and well maintained. I recall comments about funny stains last year but those stains were tricks of light hitting the nap depending on where you were standing.

it really did appear to have light and dark streaks in the carpet, especially when looking down through the atrium at the deck below, but I was chagrined to learn that the carpets were less than 3 weeks old. I figured it out when the light and dark streaks shifted position depending on which way the vacuum cleaner was run (which was often)...

AS for the carpeting I have seen the same problem on Silversea. I think it's due to the kind of carpeting they install which has sort of a sheen to the nap and can look worn out from one direction and perfectly fine from another.

Above are responses on the "worn out stained" carpet.

I sailed on of the triplets in 2002 and the Royal Viking Sun/Seabourn Sun so the real answer to your question is no, I have not sailed on Seabourn - or at least not the new, larger ships.

I have friends who have and liked them. I am considering the Quest for the World Cruise in 2012.

Peggy

Actually I am a great fan of carrying granola bars. The one time I didnt take them when we were on Oceania in Japan the food on tour was so awful I was sorry. OTOH I am diabetic so need to adhere to my regimen!

I have always wanted to do your trip Mariners so am living through you ... maybe when we retire as I believe its a long one.

Archived