NNNNOOOO! Snow's Coming!!!

cdamion

At least you have two things going for you: 1) you are leaving the day before and 2) the ship leaves late. We have already set a record for the snowiest November where we live. We have over 25 inches of the stuff.

And we live in New Zealand and we have had the hottest November for a very long time.

Oh, the stress of getting to the ship. We fly to Sydney on 21 Dec to sail on the 22nd . We will never get snow here, but an airline strike is possible, or at least threatened, at most Christmas seasons.

Deep breath . All together :

May we all make it to our ship, enjoy calm seas, and happy hearts.

We in Britain know how you feel. Most transport has come to a halt here.

We fly to Barbados on 13th and have everything crossed for a thaw.

Good luck.

Hope it clears up for you before 13th. Daughter flew from Luton to Edinburgh this morning and seems to have arrived ok. We still have quite a few inches of snow in Yorkshire, but there are now food and fuel shortages. Don't you just love it!!:p

Oh no....

Happened to us last February when flights were cancelled up and down the east coast. We had two hours to decide if we should to drive to Florida from NY to catch the ship. Glad we did, but we were on pins and needles the entire week before listening to the weather channel.

6 inches of snow already? Isn't that early?

Enjoy your cruise.

Good luck and safe journey everyone travelling to cruise ports.

We are in the grip of the worst snow in over 30 years in parts of the UK. This was my village yesterday :eek:

Nice picture! I was in England in the early to mid-80's when they had the other record breaking snow storm just after Christmas. Looks beautiful, but when your not prepared......

Nice picture! I was in England in the early to mid-80's when they had the other record breaking snow storm just after Christmas. Looks beautiful, but when your not prepared......

We've been snow bound for 2 days, but things are moving again today and the sun is shining. It was -7 this morning.

The ice cream sign made us smile :)

...6 inches of snow already? Isn't that early?

We are being punished for a very mild and pleasant November.

This is specifically why I decided to fly in a day early. I don't really care about delays, I just dont want them to cancel the flight because most of the San Juan flights are sold out.

Now the forecast is only for 3-5 inches, with the possibility of more if the storm is a direct hit.

Flying out Saturday to catch CB Sunday and they are forecasting 6" of snow in Chicago. O'Hare will be a nightmare. Hopefully the delays won't be too bad and they wont cancel flights.

Best of luck. As others said, it's good that you are flying a day early. Also,they do a good job of keeping the flights going in big airports like O'Hare.

Best of luck. As others said, it's good that you are flying a day early. Also,they do a good job of keeping the flights going in big airports like O'Hare.

O'Hare has been odd with that lately. Sometimes there is hardly and snow and they have horrible delays, other times there is significant snow, but they are able to stay on top of it so it isnt that bad. They get a ton of cancellations every time is snows, but I think that may be mostly the smaller commuter flights. Luckily I am going nonstop, so no worries about missed connections.

O'Hare has been odd with that lately. Sometimes there is hardly and snow and they have horrible delays, other times there is significant snow, but they are able to stay on top of it so it isnt that bad. They get a ton of cancellations every time is snows, but I think that may be mostly the smaller commuter flights. Luckily I am going nonstop, so no worries about missed connections.

Any chance that you are catching an early AM flight while the storm doesn't hit until later?

Hi Caber

Some one loves the snowShogunInSnowNov10.jpg?t=1291391830

Check out Metcheck for long range forecast, you will need to pack a lot of thermals for your trip home for the air port, from plus 30 to minus 15

you are going to get a shock.

Have a great cruise

yours shogun

Any chance that you are catching an early AM flight while the storm doesn't hit until later?

Nope, Im flying out at tomorrow at 3:20pm. Right after the brunt of the snow.

As an aside, from now on I am on United for winter travel. They have already issued travel waivers for all Chicago flights tomorrow in anticipation of the storm. American (which I am on) wont do anything. I appreciate that United is pro active to allow people to make changes ahead of time to minimize the crush of irate passengers on bad weather days.

Good luck and safe journey everyone travelling to cruise ports.

We are in the grip of the worst snow in over 30 years in parts of the UK. This was my village yesterday :eek:

this storm made the news here in the states....

Archived