Exclusive diamond event

I have been on the 7th nov sailing on explorer ots 12 night caribean. the food and overall holiday was very good. This was our first time as diamond and i must say the nightly diamond event held in maharajas was great,Gino,Troy and marley were great hosts,and tended to your every need,.Having built up to this position over the years,i felt so important.(thanks rci).I found the bubbley,red and white wine nice and dry(my taste),it was a fun atmosphere,and the 5pm till 8.30pm time was good and you did not feel rushed what ever time you attended. WELL DONE ROYAL CARIBBEAN.....PHIL

Phil, thanks for the review!

I agree, Royal Caribbean (and Celebrity) both have great loyalty programs, and know how to make all their pax feel valued and "special."

We also enjoy the nightly Diamond Event, and hope they keep it. We've met so many great people there, both pax and staff.

Congrats on making Diamond!

Regards,

Jan

I have been on the 7th nov sailing on explorer ots 12 night caribean. the food and overall holiday was very good. This was our first time as diamond and i must say the nightly diamond event held in maharajas was great,Gino,Troy and marley were great hosts,and tended to your every need,.Having built up to this position over the years,i felt so important.(thanks rci).I found the bubbley,red and white wine nice and dry(my taste),it was a fun atmosphere,and the 5pm till 8.30pm time was good and you did not feel rushed what ever time you attended. WELL DONE ROYAL CARIBBEAN.....PHIL

Phil,

I am glad that you are one of the people that appreciate the effort by Royal; I too appreciate it when cruising on ships without a D or CL lounge in my case. Many people have dismissed this nice perk, but I for one am glad they did it on ships without a DL. I know it's not the same as going to the CL on Explorer, but at least they were willing to do something for the Diamonds. The overcrowding in the lounges had become unbearable and they had to institute a new policy for sure.

what kind of wine was offered?

La Terre is the wine most commonly served in the Concierge Lounges, and I'm sure at the Diamond events as well. Although I will say last week on Radiance, the chardonnay in the CL was something other than La Terre. It may have been the Castle Rock, which is a low end served in MDR. If so, that's a step up from "La Terrible".

Phil,

I am glad that you are one of the people that appreciate the effort by Royal; I too appreciate it when cruising on ships without a D or CL lounge in my case. Many people have dismissed this nice perk, but I for one am glad they did it on ships without a DL. I know it's not the same as going to the CL on Explorer, but at least they were willing to do something for the Diamonds. The overcrowding in the lounges had become unbearable and they had to institute a new policy for sure.

mark,i agree in fact i did see in the cl and was glad we were in the maharajas,(nicer lounge?) also the diamond breakfast was very good also, it was nice having a cappacino and a tomatoe juice with breakfast.I stayed in cabin 7318(centre hump)and you could see the balcony had ,had a makeover.Also i heard on board they are going to make some changes to the c&a in jan, it was hinted they may change the credit system(less than a 7 day cruise wont qualify)thats not gosple but we will see soon. phil

La Terre is the wine most commonly served in the Concierge Lounges, and I'm sure at the Diamond events as well. Although I will say last week on Radiance, the chardonnay in the CL was something other than La Terre. It may have been the Castle Rock, which is a low end served in MDR. If so, that's a step up from "La Terrible".

castle rock was served( i drank all of the la terra..lol)

I know the wine is free and there is a discount on mixed drinks. How about beer (in particular Heineken) is that free or just discounted?

That's what I drank on a recent TA, it was discounted 25% and was $4.74 including the tip. The European cruises are a little higher on the drinks so it may be slightly less on the Explorer.

Mike

Archived