Save the Date Cards

Hi everyone, if I ever get confirmation of the date, I want to send out save the date cards. I want to get a professional pic taken of both of us for the invitation and I want to wait until January to do that. My question is how much info should I put on a save the date card?

I want them to know about the cruise, if they are interested in joining us, but I also want people to know that if they can't get the time off or afford the cruise there is an option to come to the Port and come to the wedding and short reception. I don't know how to say that in a tactful way using few words so there will still be white space on the post card, if I choose post cards.

Are you using a TA to handle the cruise arrangements (I hope!). If so, why not just say something like, "If you are able to join us on this very special cruise, please contact ????? for information. If not, we hope you will celebrate our wedding and reception at (name of port).

Just wording along those lines is short and gets the point across. No need to go into lots of details.

My STD's just had the generic info date, time port/ship name. We included a link to our wedding website which had all of the info regarding the cruise. I also provided our phone number as well. It seemed to work. We have 35-40 people attending the wedding. 16 people in cabins. (We only invited 50) If your family and friends want to come to the wedding they will ask questions don't worry about that. Best of Luck! Congrats!

we did save the date postcards and on the front we wrote save the date 8-22-2011 and then our names (obviously!) and "come celebrate our love onboard the carnival destiny" "formal invitation to follow"

then on the back we gave them a little more info, its going to be in the port of miami before it sets sail (because we wanted them to know they didn't have to cruise with us, they could just attend the wedding) but that was pretty much it. we put our wedding website on the back too because thats where ALLLL the info is!

if you want to give me your email, i can send you a picture of it.

Since our STDs are magnets we did not have the option of adding text on the back. This limited the amount of info we could give so we basically just gave the date they needed to save.

We do have a wedding website with ALL the information on it so put our website address in the STD as well. We just ordered our STDs last night and they won't go out until after the New Year, however.... we had already sent everyone an email with our plans to have a cruise ship wedding and the date.

We really didn't need to send out STDs since guest knew the wedding date due to the email, but they were half price at Vistaprint so we designed our own and spent $15 for 50 and $5 for the slow shipping (21 days). We didn't need them but it was a good deal!

Hi everyone, if I ever get confirmation of the date, I want to send out save the date cards. I want to get a professional pic taken of both of us for the invitation and I want to wait until January to do that. My question is how much info should I put on a save the date card?

I want them to know about the cruise, if they are interested in joining us, but I also want people to know that if they can't get the time off or afford the cruise there is an option to come to the Port and come to the wedding and short reception. I don't know how to say that in a tactful way using few words so there will still be white space on the post card, if I choose post cards.

we just had ours made. It includes the the ship's name and city and our names.

989366073_9740-JulioCeasar-Yuribelcopy.jpg.d8fea23c2c9efe7927c364edb3ea7785.jpg

we did save the date postcards and on the front we wrote save the date 8-22-2011 and then our names (obviously!) and "come celebrate our love onboard the carnival destiny" "formal invitation to follow"

then on the back we gave them a little more info, its going to be in the port of miami before it sets sail (because we wanted them to know they didn't have to cruise with us, they could just attend the wedding) but that was pretty much it. we put our wedding website on the back too because thats where ALLLL the info is!

if you want to give me your email, i can send you a picture of it.

I can't figure out how to send a private message with my email. Thanks!

Here are our STDs that I created with Vistaprint.

* I added an old picture from when we first met almost 11 years ago (left), and a picture from our last cruise- summer 09' (right).

* I kept the information to a minimum so that guest would have to go to the website which is also on the STD.

* We haven't received them yet but was able to view a proof which is in PDF below.

STD-proof.pdf

Thanks for your responses. Your cards all look great and have given me some great ideas. I just hope I can book soon. I really want the October 1st date and am afraid I will lose it.

did they give you a time frame within which you can expect confirmation of the date? or are you waiting to book that date?

i waited to order STDs until i had confirmation of the cruise and the WC, i didn't want to jinx myself!

did they give you a time frame within which you can expect confirmation of the date? or are you waiting to book that date?

i waited to order STDs until i had confirmation of the cruise and the WC, i didn't want to jinx myself!

The registrar doesn't seem to be very concerned about my issue. I have class this weekend and I am going to see her face to face and make her give me an answer. As soon I get the date confirmed I am going to book it. I REALLY want a cruise that goes to Puerto Rico so my mother can see one of her long time friends who lives there that she hasn't seen in a long time. There aren't many cruises that go to Puerto Rico so I am praying that I can do the October 1 - 8th sailing. I' m pretty confident that those two weekends are safe because two Jewish holidays fall on those dates. There is already one wedding booked on that date so I am a bit nervous. I am not ordering anything until I get it booked and confirmed. I want a wedding with a reception- even if it's only the one hour reception. I have told people that I am planning on getting married in October on a cruise and more than I expected are saying that they will come either for just the wedding or the actual cruise - we'll see when it comes time to pay and book stuff.

we used the same site, but a different design. here's a pic of the magnet on the attachment card.

we got our save the date magnets from A Giftful Heart, and they are great! really nice quality. the attachment cards are shimmery, which i didn't expect, but they look awesome!

i got the return address labels for free (for 140) from Vistaprint.

IMG_3145.jpg

IMG_3140.jpg

Those look great! I have confirmation from school that I can go from the 1st - 8th and miss no classes. I contacted Carnival weddings and the date is still available for the Welcome Aboard package - I wish the package with the longer reception was available, but it's not. Now, I have one minor snafu... The credit card I was going to use is locked in a safe here in the house and I can't get to it... I requested a new card last Sunday - they said 7 - 10 mailing days... I was hoping it would be here by today but that isn't 7 - 10 mailing days and it's not here. Carnival is holding the date for me until Tuesday at 4 PM... (one extra courtesy hold) Please keep your fingers crossed that the card comes on Monday or Tuesday!

acireta::: Those are so cute. Another member also went with that company and had some fabulous STDs made. We tried to go the cheapest way possible since we had already given all the guest our date and really didn't 'need' the STDs. Our 'want' won out so we ordered them from Vistaprint.

wheresmypopcorn::: I have my fingers crossed for you girl...... but ummm, you need to get that safe combination wedding or no wedding!! ;) lol

acireta::: Those are so cute. Another member also went with that company and had some fabulous STDs made. We tried to go the cheapest way possible since we had already given all the guest our date and really didn't 'need' the STDs. Our 'want' won out so we ordered them from Vistaprint.

yeah, I got the idea from Heather actually but we wanted a magnet that didnt have a picture on it.

we weren't going to do them at all, but my mom really pushed for them, so i gotta make the momzilla happy :D

I have another question. Hoping I will have this booked by Tuesday and order the Save the Date magnets... If you know someone could not possibly afford to come and its not somebody you would be willing to pay for... do you still send the magnet? I guess I know nothing about etiquette for such things. I am sure this person would come if it were in my hometown, but I know for a fact there is no way they could get to the port even just for the ceremony... (the first plan was just to have my mother and brother but I have started telling other people...)

we're not paying for anyone, and we sent the magnets to almost everyone that we would invite to an at-home wedding, except my work peeps.

my mom put it this way: "if you were a guest, wouldn't you at least like to be able to make the choice whether or not you can go? and who's to say someone doesn't get a good tax return or has some extra savings to go on vacation that year?"

but really, you know your guests best and whether they would be offended or whatever if they didn't get one.

If you know someone could not possibly afford to come and its not somebody you would be willing to pay for... do you still send the magnet?

Regardless of his/her financial situation I think they would appreciate the magnet because it says you would want them to attend. I would send the magnet to the person whether they can make it or not.

Archived