Falmouth

fl-raybee

Good question! We have a private tour booked out of there for January 12th. Our tour organizer has told us they haven't been given any information yet by the port as to where to tell us to meet, etc. She didn't seem concerned about not knowing yet, but that could be the Jamaican "no problem" thing!

Should be interesting!

It's scheduled to receive its first ship, Navigator of the Seas, on 1/7, and RCI is selling shore excursions ... so I guess it's a go. We're booked on the 1/16 Voyager, also scheduled to dock at Falmouth ... no changes as of about five minutes ago. It's going to be something if the port fails to open on time. But it's Jamaica, so it's right on schedule ... a year late. Just to be on the safe side, we didn't book anything.

I am booked on the Freedom on 4/17 and on the itinerary we are scheduled to call on Falmouth. Recently I went on the RCCL Web site and searched cruises out of Port Canaveral and on the same cruise date they show Ochos Rios. So I am not sure what port in Jamaca that the Freedom will call on the 4/17 cruise.

My taxi driver was an really old guy in nassau, we talked during the drive and he said his son is a construction working on the new falmouth and that they are still way behind and the city is far under funded. the port is done because RCCL funded most of it if not all. but jamaica is funding the refurb of the city and they are under budget.

It's scheduled to receive its first ship, Navigator of the Seas, on 1/7, and RCI is selling shore excursions ... so I guess it's a go. We're booked on the 1/16 Voyager, also scheduled to dock at Falmouth ... no changes as of about five minutes ago. It's going to be something if the port fails to open on time. But it's Jamaica, so it's right on schedule ... a year late. Just to be on the safe side, we didn't book anything.

We're on 1/16 Voyager too, and we're hesitant to book any excursion for Falmouth due to the uncertainty of the port being open. Guess we'll just have to wait and see whether Navigator docks there on the 7th, then we might have a better idea as to where we're going :confused:

Falmouth - who knows??:confused: We will be on Royal Carib Voyager Jan 30th Cruise and scheduled to call on Falmouth. I have posted the following on our roll call thread but also wanted to post it here because I am looking for more people to join this tour:

I am putting together a private tour with Ken"s Taxi and Wheelchair Services and am looking for others to join. http://www.kenstaxiandtoursjamaica.c...eelchair_1.htm The good news is that they are flexable and can pick us up at whichever port we end up at.

Since I have mobility issues and will be on a mobility scooter, the tour be a low impact excursion. Here is what I am thinking would work within the time frame if we actually port in Falmouth:

Drive from Falmouth to Rose Hall (23 minute drive) - with a brief stop at the Rose Hall Great House. (the house is not accessable to me but the gardens should be) A tour of the house is available for those that want to and are physically able. http://www.jamaica-dream-vacation.co...e-jamaica.html

Then from Rose Hall, a 25 minute drive to the Rockland Bird Sanctuary where you can hand feed humming birds and enjoy the surrouding grounds

Then back to Montego Bay with a tour of the Montego Bay higlhlights and a lunch stop at the Pork Pit for a taste of Jamaica's Jerk

Then back to Falmouth Port with the possiblity to visit a 200 year old church http://www.jnht.com/heritage_site.php?id=321

If we can get at least 6 people, the cost of the Van and transportation will be about $45.00 per person and does not include the cost of entrance to attractions, food and tips.

This tour is VERY flexible. A stop at Margaritaville :D ?????

Let me know if you are interested.

My taxi driver was an really old guy in nassau, we talked during the drive and he said his son is a construction working on the new falmouth and that they are still way behind and the city is far under funded. the port is done because RCCL funded most of it if not all. but jamaica is funding the refurb of the city and they are under budget.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure there are other cruisers on RCCL ships that would like more info also.

Wish we knew more also - I'm scheduled to be NOS leaving 1/10/11 - to be in this port on 1/13/11........all excursions are listed on the RCI website - but like others, won't be booking anything until we are on the ship JUST IN CASE ;)

I'll be on the Navigator the week before you - the first ones supposedly visiting Falmouth. As far as I've seen we're still scheduled to go, but I obviously don't put very much stock in that.

We haven't booked anything and probably won't for that day just to be on the safe side. Maybe we'll actually get loungers by the pool for once on that day!

Archived