Valor cruise itinerary change?

cuccicruisers

I just rec'd an e-mail from Victor Boden Tours stating "We have received notice that your ship will be porting on a new day (instead of arriving on Wednesday, you will now be arriving in Roatan on Friday.)"

Carnival site still shows the original itinerary however under "my cruise" info there is no itinerary? Anyone here have any info?

Thanks!

Sad that I will be on the Valor on Sunday and where did I hear that we have the changes?!?!?! Yep right here on the boards!!! That was before I got an email from Victor and Carnival never sent out an e-mail. I had the carnival lady check. Oh well I am glad to not be one of 7 (YES SEVEN) ships in port while we were in cozumel. All will be well! I can't wait to get on the boat in 3 days.

If you did any excursions with carnival they will automatically be moved. Just so that you know.

We sailed on the Valor on Nov 28 and were not told until Tuesday night that the itinerary was changed- I did see that the Valor excursion book had different dates than what I had so I called guest services on the phone -their automated phone line#3 had our current ports and times gave the one I had originally been told. I had booked a non Carnival Excursion and had to stand in a line at guest services to try to get it changed after they announced Cozumel on Wed. I advised the guest services person about their recording and she looked at me an stated "Well that is not my department" I was able to get my tour changed but it rained so hard in Cozumel that we we did no go on it-it was a day at the beach

An announcement in the cabin would have been very nice!!

The company I booked my tour with sent me an E-Mail stating Carnival has known about the change for 3 weeks but did nothing about it as far as notifying people.

We sailed on the Valor on Nov 28 and were not told until Tuesday night that the itinerary was changed- I did see that the Valor excursion book had different dates than what I had so I called guest services on the phone -their automated phone line#3 had our current ports and times gave the one I had originally been told. I had booked a non Carnival Excursion and had to stand in a line at guest services to try to get it changed after they announced Cozumel on Wed. I advised the guest services person about their recording and she looked at me an stated "Well that is not my department" I was able to get my tour changed but it rained so hard in Cozumel that we we did no go on it-it was a day at the beach

An announcement in the cabin would have been very nice!!

The company I booked my tour with sent me an E-Mail stating Carnival has known about the change for 3 weeks but did nothing about it as far as notifying people.

I was also on the November 28/2010 Carnival Valor cruise-Canadianfuncruisers, I don't know what time you got on the ship, but the

hundreds of people that got on the same time as us, ALL got the itinerary

change, in the lineup before the security check.

And I don't know if you attended the itinerary talk by Cruise Director

Goose, the next day,somebody questioned the itinerary change, and he told the group it had to do with logisitics.

We were on the Valor thanksgiving week and they handed us a paper with the same itinerary change and it did say due to logistic reasons they swaped Cozumel from Friday to weds and put Roatan on Friday. We too booked thru an outside vendor had to pay over 41.00 in the internet cafe to inform the vendors of the changed itinerary. :eek:

I am on the Valor February 13th and called Carnival asking them to look into whether Cozumel and Roatan have been switched like on the other sailings. She found the letter from Carnival and it is affecting the sailings befor us and the one on February 20th...but NOT ours .... at the moment anyways....I keep checking online and will call Carnival again in a couple of weeks to see if it has remained the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Just glanced at my Itinerary for January 9 on the Valor and OMG they had changed our ports. No emails, nothing!!!! Cozumel is on Wed and Roatan is on Friday. I called Carnival and they were very unhelpful. We had booked with Island marketing for Nachi Cocum in Cozumel and I quickly sent off an email to them. I have not heard back from them yet. We had booked through Carnival for Tabyana beach break in Roatan so hopefully we will still be o.k. there. The carnival rep couldn't promise us anything. Said we would find out when we got on the ship. I'll keep you posted as to what I find out. I will now be checking daily on the carnival site to verify our itinerary. Shame on Carnival for not letting us know as soon as they made the change! I am a planner and don't like suprises especially when it is not due to bad weather or things out of Carnivals control. :mad:

Archived