Back to back cruises

janalovesandy

We are going on back to back cruises on the Glory (Jan 30 and Feb 6) and I was wondering if they will be the same? I know the ports will be different, but should I expect the shows and menus to remain the same, activities to happen on the same time/same days? Just wondering if anyone else has done this.

We are going on back to back cruises on the Glory (Jan 30 and Feb 6) and I was wondering if they will be the same? I know the ports will be different, but should I expect the shows and menus to remain the same, activities to happen on the same time/same days? Just wondering if anyone else has done this.

Yes, activities and food will be almost identical. But, there is so much to do and so much on the menu you won't have to repeat anything unless you want to. Have a blast!:)

Basically a back to back is two separate cruises so pretty much remains the same unless your itinery is different. I am doing one in Feb on the Freedom. I always say "I wish I had done this or that" now if I miss something I can do a REDO and not wish. Have fun.

I agree, there is always something you miss so I will catch it the second time. I think we will schedule that way, knowing if we miss the show one night we'll get it next week.

It is 2 different itineraries though (eastern carribean on one and western on the next). I have been on cruises in the past with other lines and noticed that sometimes the menus had a theme around the port we had just visited and was wondering if carnival does that? If they do I assume there would be some changes to the menu.

We're doing a B2B2B on the Destiny in January/February. We're fully expecting the entertainment and shows to be the same. Our plan is to catch different things on each leg. We're really looking forward to lots of down time to just relax and enjoy the ship. Can't wait!!

We did a b2b on the Glory in February 2009 and will do again in February 6 + 13, 2011. Yes, shows, menue repeats but that doesn't matter. It is too much to choose from as all the others said. But you can stay on the ship after the first week - that's is wonderful!

LOVE B2B's we enjoy dinner in the MDR the first half and the Lido deck the 2nd half as we're usually in a more casual mood. Plus it gives us more varity as the menus will be the same in the MDR. Also we use the MDR more for breakfast and lunch the 2nd half.

I agree, there is always something you miss so I will catch it the second time. I think we will schedule that way, knowing if we miss the show one night we'll get it next week.

It is 2 different itineraries though (eastern carribean on one and western on the next). I have been on cruises in the past with other lines and noticed that sometimes the menus had a theme around the port we had just visited and was wondering if carnival does that? If they do I assume there would be some changes to the menu.

when are you going on b2b and which ship or 2 different ones

We're doing a B2B2B on the Destiny in January/February. We're fully expecting the entertainment and shows to be the same. Our plan is to catch different things on each leg. We're really looking forward to lots of down time to just relax and enjoy the ship. Can't wait!!

Hey Cheryl & Bill - we will be starting part 1 of our b2b as you are on part 3! (Here is the roll call if you are interested: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1202623) Also I hope your last cruise starts on Feb 3 not 4th - as in your signature! :D (but guess it doesn't matter as you will already be onboard :D).

Shows and menus to be the same.

Activities about the same.

Not sure if the entertainment other than the shows will change.

This is kind of why if we did a back to back we would want to change ships.

We did 6 days in 2008 on the Carnival Freedom got off and walked across the port to the Carnival Splendor ...same menu! But different view in the Dining room!:p

Archived