Another Booking Question..

bluehenfan

I just posted about changing name on a booking and am just curious about another booking question. If you have a booking for 3 and are assigned a cabin for four, can you add a 4th guest after final payment? I already know the answer if cabin was booked using ES rate, but if it is booked using reg. rates, can you add a 4th guest if the cabin has sleeping for 4 ? Again, just wondered and you guys know so much it amazes me.

p.s. I do know if you have 3 people in a cabin for 4, CCL can take that cabin to fill a booking for 4 and reassign you to a 3 person cabin. I am not in this situation, just curious.

First,,, you probably can't book only 3 in a cabin designed for 4. If a mistake happens, then obviously you are where you are.

Second,,,assuming you do get 3 booked into a cabin thats designed for 4,,,,, Can you add somebody after final payment> depends/maybe.

By laws and regulations a ship can only hold X number of passengers. Just because there ais enough capacity for sleeping of 3250,,,,, they are still limited to only 3000 passengers.

What I'm saying is, it's capacity controlled. Just because you have space in your cabin doesn't mean the ship has capacity as a whole.

I just posted about changing name on a booking and am just curious about another booking question. If you have a booking for 3 and are assigned a cabin for four, can you add a 4th guest after final payment? I already know the answer if cabin was booked using ES rate, but if it is booked using reg. rates, can you add a 4th guest if the cabin has sleeping for 4 ? Again, just wondered and you guys know so much it amazes me.

p.s. I do know if you have 3 people in a cabin for 4, CCL can take that cabin to fill a booking for 4 and reassign you to a 3 person cabin. I am not in this situation, just curious.

It is very common for 3 people to book a quad cabin. It happens all the time. You may add a fourth passenger to that cabin any time until the day of sailing UNLESS the ship is at it maximum total capacity.

If you have a booking for 3 and are assigned a cabin for four, can you add a 4th guest after final payment? I already know the answer if cabin was booked using ES rate, but if it is booked using reg. rates, can you add a 4th guest if the cabin has sleeping for 4 ?

The way I understand it, the answer to your question is yes. The fourth person would be charged whatever the going rate is on that day.

ETA: unless the ship is filled to capacity (which is something I did not know about until reading this thread)

How often do ships get filled? Is there a way of telling if your ship is close?

Not really as it depends on how many other 3rd and 4th pax have booked the cabins ..usually only a issue during the summer or holidays.

OP it does not matter what rate you booked under .. ES or other, a 4th can be added if still allowed. .. usually not a problem.

Archived