Carnival Sensation....

bluehenfan

No, never been on a 3 night. Promised to take her and had to cancel due to heart attack. (me, not her ) Was all set to reschedule when someone in dr. office told me 3 night cruises were called a "booze cruise" and that I might want to rethink taking her. I was a little surprised to hear this and hoped someone on this site who'd been on a 3 nite could help me.

No, never been on a 3 night. Promised to take her and had to cancel due to heart attack. (me, not her ) Was all set to reschedule when someone in dr. office told me 3 night cruises were called a "booze cruise" and that I might want to rethink taking her. I was a little surprised to hear this and hoped someone on this site who'd been on a 3 nite could help me.

I will now fight the overwhelming urge to comment on the person who made the "booze cruise" comment.

We've been on a handful of 3 night cruises. There is drinking, just like any other cruise, never had or saw any alcohol-related problems. Also, there are plenty of activities.

I will now fight the overwhelming urge to comment on the person who made the "booze cruise" comment.

We've been on a handful of 3 night cruises. There is drinking' date=' just like any other cruise, never had or saw any alcohol-related problems. Also, there are plenty of activities.[/quote']

I never gave a second thought to take my aunt on this 3 night cruise until the "booze cruise" comment was made to me and that person acted like I should be drawn and quartered for even considering it.... I'm booking the cruise and looking forward to spending time with my aunt. Thanks for your help.

i took my 84 year old gmil on a two nighter. she said it was the highlight of her life till she permanently closed her eyes. and she was so pissed it wasn't longer!

I took my 88 yr old grandfather of a 4night cruise Sept 09. It was all he talked about and had such a great time. Being a people watcher, I think he actually enjoyed watching all the other people making specticals out of themselves drinking and having a good time. LOL

He too passed less than 2 months after the cruise and I was so happy that our cruise was able to bring so much happiness for him during his final days. (miss you gramps :rolleyes:)

i took my 84 year old gmil on a two nighter. she said it was the highlight of her life till she permanently closed her eyes.

and she was so pissed it wasn't longer!

Thank you! I have a feeling Aunt Fran will feel the same way. She lives near Port Canaveral and has been watching ship loads of people coming and going for years, but for now insists it only be a 3 nite cruise.

I did the 4-night Sensation cruise in January 2010. I wouldn't call it a booze cruise...but I do think the crowd can depend (to some degree) on the time of year. Spring break, for example, may have more young people on board who are hell bent on drinking until they drop.

WHile I have seen many drunk people on the 3 nighters, i have also seen the same on the 7 nighters.

I once watched a guy throwing up in an ashtray in front of an elevator-DRUNK. This was on a short cruise.

I also saw a guy fall down not one but two flights of stairs in the span of only a few seconds. He fell down the first flight, picked himself up and managed the landing, but then fell down the next flight of stairs. Awesome sight. Glad he didnt get hurt. - DRUNK. This was also on a short cruise.

But I watched a guy take his clothes off on a seven night cruise, too. No matter how long the cruise, there will be drunks that cant handle themselves.

We just got off the 3 night Sensation cruise today. We didn't see any drunks anywhere on the ship. We had a couple of drinks at dinner and at the Captain's party but even the Captain's Party with the free drinks didn't have drunk people. There are lots of things to do that don't involve drinking. Maybe if we stayed up after Midnight we'd be more aware of the night life but we had a good time and we would not consider this a Booze Cuise.

I agree the "short cruises" get a bad rap! I have been on 10, 7, 5, and 3 day cruises (none during spring break) and all of them were like others said. You will have partiers on every cruise. I hope that your Aunt will enjoy here cruise and play lots of Bingo, crossing my fingers that she will win! :D

We've been on a handful of 3 night cruises. There is drinking' date=' just like any other cruise, never had or saw any alcohol-related problems. Also, there are plenty of activities.[/quote']

I agree. Just off a 4 day and 3 day back to back on the Sensation. Noticed no more drinking activity here then on the "old folks" 7 day Alaska cruise.

I agree. Just off a 4 day and 3 day back to back on the Sensation. Noticed no more drinking activity here then on the "old folks" 7 day Alaska cruise.

Markntara: How was the 4 day cruise? We are taking our 5 kids (all are in their 20's) on this cruise on the 26th of this month as a surprise xmas gift. Anything we should know to make it a great time for all? Anything we should not miss or should miss altogether LOL. Also can you tell me what night is formal night?

Thanks for any info you can give to make this surprise one they will remember :)

When are you cruising??? We did the 3 day in October - it was full of local big groups and college kids/bachelor type parties. It was not my favorite representation of a carnival cruise. People dressed for the beach to the MDR. (cut offs & tank tops)

We did 4 day in August right before school started and it was full of families and kids. Lots of kids. Did I mention the kids? I think there were over 1,000 (due to 3 & 4th passanger) and a lot were from the northern states like Wisconson and Michigan. Family reunions. It was crowded.

Not my favorite ship due to clientel. But easy for us to get to.

how was the b2b?:) the wife and i will be on the sensation jan. 13th. for a b2b cruise ending the 20th. how did you cope with nassau twice?:) we will go to alantis the first leg, and wing it the second!:)

this will be our first 3 and 4 day cruise. the last 6 have been 7 and 8 day cruises.

glad you had a great time!:)

Archived