Pronunciation

BC Todd

Ok, once and for all, how is this said???:confused:

Ker a be an

or

Car rib e an

I'm just saying...

Hmmmm. Brings up another brain twister, Toe-May-To or Toe-Ma-Toe or even more baffleing, Ant or Aunt????? Let me know

I'm with Tbay-eh on this one - I call it south:D

(btw tbay, I went to Lakehead U. - man, do you get serious snow and cold way up there ... eh)

ya bet your butt we do. This year has been awesome though. In the past 6-8 feet of snow and -40 was the norm. GO LU

From January through June I go with Ker a be an in the AM and Car rib e an in the PM.

July through December I go with Car rib e an in the AM and Ker a be an in the PM.

:D:p Just kidding :p:D

Seriously, I use both pronunciations, but I prefer the sound of Ker a be an, so I use it the most.

So, I looked it up online, and to tell the truth....it did NOT help me one iota........

Car·ib·be·an (kærlprime.gifæ-bæ'-schwa.gifn, kschwa.gif-ribprime.gifæ-schwa.gifn)adj.1. Of or relating to the Caribbean Sea, its islands, or its Central or South American coasts or to the peoples or cultures of this region.

2. Of or relating to the Carib or their language or culture.

n. A Carib.

Caribbean [ˌkærɪˈbiːən (US) kəˈrɪbɪən]adj1. (Placename) of, or relating to, the Caribbean Sea and its islands

2. (Social Science / Peoples) (Linguistics / Languages) of, or relating to, the Carib or any of their languages

n1. (Placename) the. the states and islands of the Caribbean Sea, including the West Indies, when considered as a geopolitical region

2. (Placename) short for the Caribbean Sea

3. (Social Science / Peoples) a member of any of the peoples inhabiting the islands of the Caribbean Sea, such as a West Indian or a Carib

ya bet your butt we do. This year has been awesome though. In the past 6-8 feet of snow and -40 was the norm. GO LU

I believe I was there for some of that -40 and 6 to 8 feet of snow ...:eek:

Doesn't the 'south' sound lovely right now?:D

Archived