Bayside Garage for length of cruise???

mrak

Someone recommended to me that I use the garage at Bayside Marketplace while I am on my cruise. It would be about $70 for the 7 days. Anyone have an opinion on whether or not this is a good idea?

Absolutely not a good idea.

Why don't you just leave cash on the seat and the doors unlocked? That way at least there will not be any damage to your car when it is robbed however I cannot promise you will not find homeless living in your car when you get back.

Whomever gave you that advice does not know Miami.

I can promise that there is a 100% chance your car will be vandalized and robbed when you get back if you leave it there for a week.

Park at the port.

Thanks for the best laugh I've had today!

Awww... BlueHerons... s/he was just asking a question and although you always give excellent advice, I feel your remarks here bordered on cruel, which is not what you meant I'm sure. If someone honestly asks in a sincere manner, I always try to help them.

We may giggle inside because we know better, and I do agree with your advice here, but I hope OP wasn't put off by your reply. :o

Awww... BlueHerons... s/he was just asking a question and although you always give excellent advice, I feel your remarks here bordered on cruel, which is not what you meant I'm sure. If someone honestly asks in a sincere manner, I always try to help them.

We may giggle inside because we know better, and I do agree with your advice here, but I hope OP wasn't put off by your reply. :o

Although I am not the poster of this question, I do not believe Blue Herons reply to be cruel. He/she seem to have a wealth of knowledge of Miami and are always ready and willing to give a reply. I appreciate everything they have done to help any one of else here! Ask a question, get an answer. Could you imagine not having asked this and parking at this garage!:eek:

I have a wicked sense of humor!

Sorry Ontario Cruise Duo! I promise that I wasn't trying to be mean! I really got a good laugh out of that, not for you asking the question, but because the person who told you that really doesn't like you!

In all seriousness, gangs pay the parking attendents for information on situations like the one you were attempting.

Miami is a crime ridden town with an almost 20% unemployment rate (highest or second highest in the country) with an insane amount of illegial aliens. The zip code four city blocks from Bayside has the second highest violent crime rate in the country.

I would never leave my car in an unsecured lot in Miami for any length of time.

Sometimes the money you save will cost you ten times that in the long run.

Good luck to you!

(S)he seem to have a wealth of knowledge of Miami and are always ready and willing to give a reply. I appreciate everything they have done to help any one of else here!

Oh, absolutely agreed! That point was never in question. :)

Sorry Ontario Cruise Duo! I promise that I wasn't trying to be mean! I really got a good laugh out of that, not for you asking the question, but because the person who told you that really doesn't like you!

Yes, indeed. Someone really doesn't know their facts, or they were trying to pull OP's leg! So glad they came here and found out the truth. :)

Homeless person living in your car upon return? Could you imagine? Oh my goodness.

In all seriousness, gangs pay the parking attendents for information on situations like the one you were attempting.

Miami is a crime ridden town with an almost 20% unemployment rate (highest or second highest in the country) with an insane amount of illegial aliens. The zip code four city blocks from Bayside has the second highest violent crime rate in the country.

I would never leave my car in an unsecured lot in Miami for any length of time.

Sometimes the money you save will cost you ten times that in the long run.

Good luck to you!

BlueHerons, I think you mean MRAK as the original poster! I didn't post the question, I was just trying to back you up with your insight into the answer. Anyways, you are a wealth of information!:)

BlueHerons, I think you mean MRAK as the original poster! I didn't post the question, I was just trying to back you up with your insight into the answer. Anyways, you are a wealth of information!:)

I'm sorry I thought you were the OP but thank you very much for the backup! Much appreciated!

Homeless person living in your car upon return? Could you imagine? Oh my goodness.

at least he might keep the gangs out, kinda like a house sitter....

now what about that idea? save the money by parking in the garage and pay a homeless guy to live in the car and keep it safe. win win.

Archived