Leaving Dec 26 and still have questions!

DarceyJK

Hey everybody - My family (me, DH, children: 21, 20, 14 & 14) are leaving Dec 26th on NCL's Pearl. I'm getting NERVOUS!! Do I need to bring beach towels?? I would like to start booking the excursions we chose: I'm worried about not booking through the crusie line, I know it's cheaper but will we ok with that? I'm sure I've overpacked: what's absolutely neccessary for a 7 day crusie? Should I bring a beach bag/backpack for our beach excursion? Ugh.. Too many questioins!!!

The ship will provide pool/beach towels! Yes...bring some sort of tote to carry things to the beach! Not too big, or YOU'LL end up being the "pack mule" for the entire family!

If you've researched your ports, you may find you don't even NEED excursions to do what you want...a guidebook is your best friend! Libraries have them, or buy one...either way, it can save you a bundle! Things like going to a beach generally do NOT require a tour guide! This is where the guidebook comes in handy! It will tell you which beaches are where, how to get there (bus/cab) and what it should cost. And, whether there are bathrooms, rentals (chair, watersport, etc...) food.....

Pack as for any vacation....and for the weather! It's summer in the Caribbean...might be cooler in the Bahamas. But shorts will be the outfit of the day!

First, relax and take a deep breath. You are going on a wonderful vacation.

Beach towels are provided. Be sure to bring them back to avoid charges.

We take few of the ships tours. Most we book privately. With 6 of you there can be significant savings. If you just want to go to a beach, a taxi or two would be great for you. Just know what you want to do before booking the tour or cab. If you go to a beach. Arrange for the cab to come pick you up when you want to go back to the ship. DO NOT PAY THE TAXI ANYTHING UNTIL YOU GET BACK TO THE SHIP.

The ship will provide pool/beach towels! Yes...bring some sort of tote to carry things to the beach! Not too big, or YOU'LL end up being the "pack mule" for the entire family!

If you've researched your ports, you may find you don't even NEED excursions to do what you want...a guidebook is your best friend! Libraries have them, or buy one...either way, it can save you a bundle! Things like going to a beach generally do NOT require a tour guide! This is where the guidebook comes in handy! It will tell you which beaches are where, how to get there (bus/cab) and what it should cost. And, whether there are bathrooms, rentals (chair, watersport, etc...) food.....

Pack as for any vacation....and for the weather! It's summer in the Caribbean...might be cooler in the Bahamas. But shorts will be the outfit of the day!

Whew! Thanks for the info!! Much appreciated!

First, relax and take a deep breath. You are going on a wonderful vacation.

Beach towels are provided. Be sure to bring them back to avoid charges.

We take few of the ships tours. Most we book privately. With 6 of you there can be significant savings. If you just want to go to a beach, a taxi or two would be great for you. Just know what you want to do before booking the tour or cab. If you go to a beach. Arrange for the cab to come pick you up when you want to go back to the ship. DO NOT PAY THE TAXI ANYTHING UNTIL YOU GET BACK TO THE SHIP.

Deep Breath: Check! Thanks for the info!!

Hey everybody - My family (me, DH, children: 21, 20, 14 & 14) are leaving Dec 26th on NCL's Pearl. I'm getting NERVOUS!! Do I need to bring beach towels?? I would like to start booking the excursions we chose: I'm worried about not booking through the crusie line, I know it's cheaper but will we ok with that? I'm sure I've overpacked: what's absolutely neccessary for a 7 day crusie? Should I bring a beach bag/backpack for our beach excursion? Ugh.. Too many questioins!!!

I find that carrying a backpack is a great way to take things with you for shore excursions as well as being a great carry-on for the plane ride.

Steve

You will need fewer shorts than you think, because you don't wear them all day. You can wear them more than one day. Same with tops, and you can get new t-shirts on the ship and in the ports.

Shoes . . . oh, the shoe problem we women have! You really only need ONE pair of dress shoes, one pair of sandals, one beach/flip-flops, and one pair of shoes to wear on the non-fancy nights (the sandals could work for those nights). 2 swimsuits per person max.

Hope this helps some.

You will need fewer shorts than you think, because you don't wear them all day. You can wear them more than one day. Same with tops, and you can get new t-shirts on the ship and in the ports.

Shoes . . . oh, the shoe problem we women have! You really only need ONE pair of dress shoes, one pair of sandals, one beach/flip-flops, and one pair of shoes to wear on the non-fancy nights (the sandals could work for those nights). 2 swimsuits per person max.

Hope this helps some.[/quot]

Yes, Very Much! Thank you!!

I often book excursions privately or we do our own thing (beach, walking tours, shopping, etc.). Just make sure to factor in a buffer of time for returning to the ship. If you need to be back on board by 4PM then you may want to actually return by 3PM. You never know when you may run into a delay (taxi breaks down, traffic, etc.).

Have a great cruise!:)

Archived