Wish Carnival would change their rules.....

LucyR.

People enter into contracts with cruise lines and have no problem doing it. They don't read what happens if somethings goes wrong. Now its the cruise lines did it to them. If you read this site, how many times has this happened to people ?? They are saving a buck not getting Ins that would cover everything. Things happen, but everybody thinks it won't happen to them, and then want to have a pitty party. No more pitty partys for people that didn't read there contract or cover there air, hotels,and cruise with Ins. Not even a newby, if they read all the info on cruise sites.

• 2 months later...
Hey Jim, we have been trying to send you a PM, but for the life of us can not find the button anywhere..lol. Could you please send us a PM and hopefully we can just see and reply back to it? We've been looking for a couple days for that darn button. We wanted to send you some of the group photo's we have from the Dream. We enjoyed it so much and are planning on cruising the Freedom in August.

Hope all has been well for you and the family.

Ben & Cindy

(Sorry for hijacking the thread)

Hey guys, just saw this post. Long time no talk. My email is imlovelace@comcast.net Send me an email and we can catch up....sorry for stealing the thread.

I spend a LOT of money on cruise insurance every time and sometimes even get berated for wasting money on it. I have little sympathy for those who don't get insurance and still want their money back for a sad story.

She must have known the granddaughter was pregnant for several months now but is that a reason to cancel a cruise? Can't she get to the vet this week and start treatment?

Sounds like tricks to me. No wonder CCL has a tight contract.

This past week I had a serious water leak in my condo. It was fixed but I still need to hire someone to fix the torned down wall to have the pumbling work done.

My washer broke down this week and I need to buy a new one.

Grand-daughter is having a baby this week. It will be my first grandkid.

I got sick last week with a cold and now I am having asthma whezzing sounds and coughs at times. I have the asthma meds. Hard to sleep with the sound from my voice/whezzing sp.

My dog needs to see a vet because she has some type of inflamation

on her private part.

I wanted to change my cruise date to a future date so I can take care of all my problems now.

I called my T.A. and I was told at this late date of just a few days away from my cruise....Carnival will keep my money except for the Gov. taxes and some fees. I am not able to roll over my money for a future cruise.

I WISH CARNIVAL IS LIKE THE AIRLINES THAT GIVE PAX'S a chance to change dates for travel.

I have travel insurance and I don't need advise. I just hope that Carnival is more considerate of us cruisers. I hope Carnival starts to listen to our complaints and work on alternatives.

This is my Christmas wish for this year. I am thinking of not cruising this coming year as much as I have cruised in my life. I have a feeling that Carnival is going to crash like a lot of airlines do and start to think of a plan B.

They are losing customers with their plan A which is inconsiderate of us cruisers who never know when disaster may hit us in small ways.

In all of my years of cruising I have never had so many things happen in one week. It would have been really nice for Carnival to take that into consideration since I have cruised with them 25 times or more.

I am just venting and hoping for Carnival to make some changes. But if they don't.... I can just stop cruising and instead just stay at all-inclusive resorts. THATS MY PLAN B. Lucy

This sounds like a country music song. :p;)

I think Carnival is making a boatload of money on people like me who book ES thinking nothing could happen, its safe to book ES ...and life happens.

That $50 pp change fee before final payment just for shuffling paperwork has to be extra profits for Carnival.

If it is just a few day away, why would Carnival do it? They don't want an empty cabin. They shouldn't take a loss because of your misfortunes. I actually think that cruises are better than most vacations for cancelling, as long as you give sufficient time. If I book air and hotel at one of the big online travel sites I cannot get a refund at anytime. I have not encountered any airlines that let you switch without a penalty. I have heard that SW does it, but I have never flown with them.

Although sad, I don't think any of your troubles would be covered by travel insurance. I think that it would take more than wheezing to be too sick to travel (I have really bad asthma and weezing is a part of my everyday life).

This past week I had a serious water leak in my condo. It was fixed but I still need to hire someone to fix the torned down wall to have the pumbling work done.

My washer broke down this week and I need to buy a new one.

Grand-daughter is having a baby this week. It will be my first grandkid.

I got sick last week with a cold and now I am having asthma whezzing sounds and coughs at times. I have the asthma meds. Hard to sleep with the sound from my voice/whezzing sp.

My dog needs to see a vet because she has some type of inflamation

on her private part.

I wanted to change my cruise date to a future date so I can take care of all my problems now.

I called my T.A. and I was told at this late date of just a few days away from my cruise....Carnival will keep my money except for the Gov. taxes and some fees. I am not able to roll over my money for a future cruise.

I WISH CARNIVAL IS LIKE THE AIRLINES THAT GIVE PAX'S a chance to change dates for travel.

I have travel insurance and I don't need advise. I just hope that Carnival is more considerate of us cruisers. I hope Carnival starts to listen to our complaints and work on alternatives.

This is my Christmas wish for this year. I am thinking of not cruising this coming year as much as I have cruised in my life. I have a feeling that Carnival is going to crash like a lot of airlines do and start to think of a plan B.

They are losing customers with their plan A which is inconsiderate of us cruisers who never know when disaster may hit us in small ways.

In all of my years of cruising I have never had so many things happen in one week. It would have been really nice for Carnival to take that into consideration since I have cruised with them 25 times or more.

I am just venting and hoping for Carnival to make some changes. But if they don't.... I can just stop cruising and instead just stay at all-inclusive resorts. THATS MY PLAN B. Lucy

So, Carnival needs to change the way they do business because you've had a bad year??

You have insurance.....what's the problem.

I have to say, after coming close to not being able to go on my non-insured cruise in a couple of days, I'm now a firm believer in buying travel insurance. I'm an "essential" federal employee, and if the two-week extension for the federal budget hadn't been passed by Congress and signed by Obama, I would have been kissing my vacation goodbye. Apparently, while "essential" federal employees don't have to suffer through a work furlough during a government shutdown, they also can't take any paid time off, even if it's been scheduled and approved for months in advance. Next time, I'm spending the $100 or so for "cancel for any reason" travel insurance.

The problem with venting and woe is me stories is

That many have the same issues but no cruise to look forward to

or

many have much sadder stories.

It seems like a cry for attention vs. sympathy that's why many are not playing along. Focus on the good thing you have a nice short cruise comin up! And come back and let us know how everything went especially the cruise.

Excellent post.

LUCYR,

Glad you have been able to sort through your challenges and can go ahead with your cruise. Please do let us know how the cruise turns out.

I can totally understand Carnival not refunding close to the cruise..that cabinwoudl go unused adn they would lose money. They should be a ltittle more lenient though wth changing names as maybe a realtive would give you at least half to go last minute.

Also what really is bad is you pay in full for the cruise, dont go and tghey dontg even give you credit for itg toward your platnium. NOW THAT IS REALLY BAD!!!!!! It doesnt even cost them anything to do that and they have your money.

You are a seasoned cruiser so I won't say a word about your words about Carnival. Besides it seemed more wishful than demanding and I get that. Don't know why bad happens in bunches but it does. Thankfully that baby will erase all the bad luck you had. I hope you feel better for getting your feelings out and I hope you take that cruise as to be honest, from everything you said, you need a vacation.

Hugs to you.

That is what I was thinking. I don't know of any airline that allows you to change the date of a flight.

You say you dont know of any airline that allows for changing the date of a flight....Hubby is platinum and also past the million dollar ....that said I was to fly out to san diego and woke up early that moring from something that didnt agree with me the night before..no way was I getting on a plane while puking...2 days later I was fine to go...hubby had to go ahead and fly out since he already had customers expecting him to be there on Monday. He called Delta and was able to change my flight, at no extra expense. So it can be done atleast on delta..though his being million mile status and being Platinum might play a role in it too....also to the grandma to be...you had to know the baby was going to be born around the same time as your cruise..so why would you book knowing you wanted to be there when the baby was born....Just saying!

Archived