Frustrated Past Guest Needs Advice

GrandmaVegas

I Have Been Trying For A Few Months Now To Get My Past Guest # To Work On The Carnival Website To No Avail. When I Go To Add Past Guest # & Put In My Date Of Birth & Zipcode It Comes Back & Tells Me

"Sorry, we were unable to find your past guest number."

Then I Try Putting In The Past Guest# The Carnival PVP Gave Me I Get This Message:

"Past Guest Number found has already been associated with a user."

I Have A Booking Now & Am Trying To Fill Out My Fun Pass & When I Say YES To Being A Past Passenger It Errors Out Again & Tells Me "

"We are unable to identify your past guest record based on the information provided."

I Have Asked The Carnival PVP To Look Into This A Couple Months Ago & Heard Nothing Back From Her.

She Finally Called Me On The Phone Last Week To Ask If I Was Ready To Book A Cruise, I Told Her I Already Had With An Agent, She Got Very Upset & Told Me Carnival Couldnt Help Me With My Past Guest # & That I Should Take It Up With Whatever Agent I Booked My Cruise With Because It Wasnt A Carnival Problem. I Said That Was Ridiculous That My New Booking With Any Agent Had Nothing To Do With Carnivals Website Not Recognizing My Past Guest# & That Before I Even Booked A Cruise The Problem Existed & I Had Sought Help In Email To Her With No Reply. She Angrily Repeated That It Wasnt A Carnival Problem & To Take It Up With My Booking Agent. Of Course By Now I Have Lost My Patience With Her & Told Her I Didnt Book Threw Her Because She Never Responded To My Emails Until 7-10 Days After I Would Inquire About A Cruise & Refused To Quote Me Anything In Email & When She Finally Did Give Me A Quote On The Phone Is Was A Couple Hundred Dollars More Then What I Could Book Myself Online And For MONTHS I've Been Trying To Get This Past Guest# Fixed & She Hasn't Got The Job Done. This Will Be My 5th Cruise With Carnival, I've Tried 3 Other Cruiselines But Always Came Back To Carnival Because It Was The Most Fun! I Dont Intend To Let This PVP Change My Mind.

I Contacted Carnival Regarding This & They Referred It To The PVP & As You See She Wasnt Interested In Getting It Fixed.

Can Anyone Suggest How I Go About Getting Carnivals Website To Accept My Past Guest#? Or Who On Earth To Contact That Doesnt Think Its My New Non Carnival Agents Problem?

Frustrated In Buffalo

I would call the 1-800 number and not bring up any of these past problems. Calling the number you will get a random person, sounds like you won by finding one of the worst ones the first time around. A fresh person not knowing your past problems may be a huge help.

A big issue carnival has been having with past guest numbers is that they are changing all bookings past and present to not have middle initials or titles. As a result there are some names that aren't lining up in the process.

Good luck! Don't let one crazy PVP get you down.

Numbers have to be 10 digits (if yours isn't, put zeros at the beginning) and the name on the booking has to match EXACTLY the original name used for the prior booking. Those are usually what causes a past guest number to fail. Did you book with a TA or with a Carnival agent? If with a TA call them to fix it. They'll call Carnival and make the adjustments right away - but it takes a few days to actually show in the computer.

If you booked directly with Carnival call them and have them fix the records. If there are still issues they have a department to research the problem further - ask to be referred to them if necessary.

I know what you mean about the PVP. Mine was so rude I had to speak with a supv. Really colored how I felt about Carnival. (But still loved my cruise)

Prior to last winter I had not cruised with CCL since 1990. I also worked through a TA but wanted CCL to know I was a past guest. When completing the documents online my past guest information would not register. I contacted CCL directly and I was told that they did not have computerized records of past cruisers before 1993 or 94 if I remember correctly. CCL asked me to send them proof that I cruised with them prior and provided me with a fax number. I then made copies of what in those days was a S & S card along with our MDR table reservation. This was done about ten days prior to the cruise and when we went to check in on cruise day I was listed as a past guest

I see you are a neighbor, I grew up in Lancaster.

Have a great cruise.

I didn't realize that each person has their own booking #. When I put info in earlier this year in my fun pass and my hubby's, his came up as non-existant. I'm like what? So I called Carnival and they gave me his #. He does have a suffix at the end of his name, so maybe that's why the original # did not match what I had written down years ago as it was way different than mine and we have always cruised together. But Carnival was really helpful.

Get on Carnival's web site and select Contact Us from the upper right hand side of the Home Page. Under Searching For select Already Sailed. Under Inquiry type select Request my Past Guest Number. Fill out remainder of fields as required and submit.

dh and I cruised in 93 on the Victory we went to book our destiny cruise and well they found DH as a past guest and told me I wasnt in the system so I wasnt a past guest..and I found it strange that I wasnt listed since we went together...LOL well I had to start over now so this is technically now my 1st cruise with Carnival..the 1st gal I got on the phone wasnt very nice...then we called back and spoke with a very nice gal who basically just couldnt help us since I wasnt in the system..good luck

You can send them proof so your profile is updated.

I am not sure why their website is so inaccurate, when I tried looking at my past cruises, it comes up blank. So, I sent an email to them and asked to verify my cruises as I should have 9 and they responded with a list of my previous cruises. Also, verify what your correct guest ID is, at one point I kept referring to the incorrect #, but the PVP was able to provide me with the correct one.

i had the same issue.... i could not get my past guest number to connect with my account.

Carnival Cruise Lines

Karina Samaniego

eSolutions Desk

esolutionsgroup@carnival.com

was able to go in and attach my past guest number to my online account and now it works.

Also In order to access your past guest number, you must have created a profile within My Profile. Retrieving your past guest number requires that your last name, date of birth and telephone number match what is registered in our past guest database EXACTLY, due to security reasons.

If for some reason you feel the data you entered is correct, and you are not getting the expected result please email a CCL representative at pastguest@carnival.com

ken

Why do you capitalize the first letter of every word? It makes it very difficult to read your post :(

You need to call and get a live person. The names are case sensitive. My DH's last name is Irish and begins with Mc. The did not do the same upper-lowercase scenario, so it wasn't matching up. A live person had to fix it. If it is not EXACTLY the same, it won't recognize it.

Are you part of a group cruise?

I had the same problem and it was very frustrating. Apparently, my agent had used a variation of my name in the booking which included my middle name. When I brought this to the agent's attention, she said she would take care of it.... twice... but I was still not getting credit for my past cruises. She had changed my name twice, but both times she changed to another wrong one, even when I had written it all out for her. :rolleyes:

I called Carnival and they told me that since I was part of a group cruise, only the agent could make those changes, since Carnival dealt with cabin numbers rather passenger names when dealing with group cruises, and the cabins hadn't been assigned yet.

Finally, I was able to get the agent to understand what was going on, and she changed my name to the correct version and everything was fine. I was even more concerned, though, because this was the cruise which was to make me platinum.

Anyway, that was my experience with a very similar problem.

I had Past Guest Number found has already been associated with a user come up once. It turned out to be because of the spelling of my name. The other user was me. A phone call took care of it.

I had the same problem...I had to call twice and email three times but eventually I got someone eho knew what they were doing to get it fixed.

I had the same problem with the website and PVP. When I was on my last cruise I went to the Persers desk when it was quite and they pulled all the info for me. As far as the PVP, I spoke to as many people that I could and found a new PVP who has been very good.

A big issue carnival has been having with past guest numbers is that they are changing all bookings past and present to not have middle initials or titles. As a result there are some names that aren't lining up in the process.

Good luck! Don't let one crazy PVP get you down.

This is the problem I had. My last name has a capital letter in the middle of it and according to carnival that threw things off for my past guest #.

Also In order to access your past guest number, you must have created a profile within My Profile. Retrieving your past guest number requires that your last name, date of birth and telephone number match what is registered in our past guest database EXACTLY, due to security reasons.

If for some reason you feel the data you entered is correct, and you are not getting the expected result please email a CCL representative at pastguest@carnival.com

ken

On my last reservation, they couldn't find my phone number so while I was booked for one cruise, and trying to book another cruise, I didn't seem to exist. So I called to find out what was wrong, booked the cruise, got what I wanted, and was off the phone quite happy. Computers can make mistakes, because a human programs them.:rolleyes:

In The Past Few Months I Did The Contact Carnival From The Website & I Also Called And Was Told They Would Look Into It, Never Heard Anything Until The PVP Called To Tell Me That They Put It Back On Her & She Will Try To See Whats Wrong......Until She Found Out I Already Booked.....

In Any Case I Think I Will Try 2 Of The Suggestions. I Will Call Web Support & If I Get No Where There I Will Visit The Persers Desk Once On The Cruise. This Is My 5th Cruise With Carnival, I Cruised Last Summer & Already Had My Profile All Filled Out & The Past Guest # Problem Was There Then......Of Course Once I Got On The Cruise I Was Having So Much Fun I Totally Forgot All About The Problem! LOL

Thanks To Everyone Who Responded & Made Suggestions..........

Even To BuRnIe Who Has A Self-Admitted Problem :D Lighten Up Bernie, We're All Here 4 The Same Reason....Sharing & Knowledge...It Would Be A Heck Of A Boring World If We Were All Conformists!

I'm Sure The Cruise Will Be Great & I Still Love Carnival...Just Not The PVP They Stuck Me With!

I Have Been Trying For A Few Months Now To Get My Past Guest # To Work On The Carnival Website To No Avail. When I Go To Add Past Guest # & Put In My Date Of Birth & Zipcode It Comes Back & Tells Me

"Sorry, we were unable to find your past guest number."

Then I Try Putting In The Past Guest# The Carnival PVP Gave Me I Get This Message:

"Past Guest Number found has already been associated with a user."

I Have A Booking Now & Am Trying To Fill Out My Fun Pass & When I Say YES To Being A Past Passenger It Errors Out Again & Tells Me "

"We are unable to identify your past guest record based on the information provided."

I Have Asked The Carnival PVP To Look Into This A Couple Months Ago & Heard Nothing Back From Her.

She Finally Called Me On The Phone Last Week To Ask If I Was Ready To Book A Cruise, I Told Her I Already Had With An Agent, She Got Very Upset & Told Me Carnival Couldnt Help Me With My Past Guest # & That I Should Take It Up With Whatever Agent I Booked My Cruise With Because It Wasnt A Carnival Problem. I Said That Was Ridiculous That My New Booking With Any Agent Had Nothing To Do With Carnivals Website Not Recognizing My Past Guest# & That Before I Even Booked A Cruise The Problem Existed & I Had Sought Help In Email To Her With No Reply. She Angrily Repeated That It Wasnt A Carnival Problem & To Take It Up With My Booking Agent. Of Course By Now I Have Lost My Patience With Her & Told Her I Didnt Book Threw Her Because She Never Responded To My Emails Until 7-10 Days After I Would Inquire About A Cruise & Refused To Quote Me Anything In Email & When She Finally Did Give Me A Quote On The Phone Is Was A Couple Hundred Dollars More Then What I Could Book Myself Online And For MONTHS I've Been Trying To Get This Past Guest# Fixed & She Hasn't Got The Job Done. This Will Be My 5th Cruise With Carnival, I've Tried 3 Other Cruiselines But Always Came Back To Carnival Because It Was The Most Fun! I Dont Intend To Let This PVP Change My Mind.

I Contacted Carnival Regarding This & They Referred It To The PVP & As You See She Wasnt Interested In Getting It Fixed.

Can Anyone Suggest How I Go About Getting Carnivals Website To Accept My Past Guest#? Or Who On Earth To Contact That Doesnt Think Its My New Non Carnival Agents Problem?

Frustrated In Buffalo

Hello from Oswego!! I wish you the best on getting it straightened out..I have been there..Good luck and please keep your snow!!;):D

Archived