How to book reservation to Murano w/o CC?

mipo777

I'm having a conundrum with wanting to make a reservation at Murano aboard the Solstice in March. When we booked, we were informed that we were receiving a free night at a specialty restaurant ( I believe this may have come from Celebrity since our TA is giving us other OBC). However when I try to reserve it online, it wants to charge my CC.

I tried calling Celebrity to place a reservation however I was told to do it online. When I explained my situation, they told me I have to wait till I get on the ship. I know that Murano is very popular & since there are 4 of us I'm worried about getting a table at a time that suits us (we're not late eaters).

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm considering calling back this afternoon to see if I get someone more helpful. That's about all I can think of.

I'm having a conundrum with wanting to make a reservation at Murano aboard the Solstice in March. When we booked, we were informed that we were receiving a free night at a specialty restaurant ( I believe this may have come from Celebrity since our TA is giving us other OBC). However when I try to reserve it online, it wants to charge my CC.

I tried calling Celebrity to place a reservation however I was told to do it online. When I explained my situation, they told me I have to wait till I get on the ship. I know that Murano is very popular & since there are 4 of us I'm worried about getting a table at a time that suits us (we're not late eaters).

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm considering calling back this afternoon to see if I get someone more helpful. That's about all I can think of.

It sounds like your free dinner at the specialty restaurant is from your TA (which will come in the form on an OBC for the value of the dinners). Unless you booked a suite, I have never heard of Celebrity offering free specialty restaurant dinners.

I recently booked reservations for Qsine for our upcoming cruise and the telephone rep asked me if I wanted to pay now or have it charged to my SeaPass once onboard. I chose the SeaPass and I can see the reservation for the dinner when I log into my reservation.

Just call back and tell them you want to make reservations and have it charged to your SeaPass.

It sounds like your free dinner at the specialty restaurant is from your TA (which will come in the form on an OBC for the value of the dinners). Unless you booked a suite, I have never heard of Celebrity offering free specialty restaurant dinners.

I recently booked reservations for Qsine for our upcoming cruise and the telephone rep asked me if I wanted to pay now or have it charged to my SeaPass once onboard. I chose the SeaPass and I can see the reservation for the dinner when I log into my reservation.

Just call back and tell them you want to make reservations and have it charged to your SeaPass.

Was this a regular rep or the Captain Club? That is a nice feature and I did not realize that it was available. I will try it next time. Thanks.

Was this a regular rep or the Captain Club? That is a nice feature and I did not realize that it was available. I will try it next time. Thanks.

I think I called this number, 1-800-722-5941, and said I wanted to book reservations for Qsine. I was fully expecting to have to pay with my credit card at the time of reservation as I did for my last cruise in November. I was surprised when she gave me the option of putting it on my SeaPass.

The "free specialty dining" is actually just an obc added to your account. You don't HAVE to use it for a restaurant. So it won't go to waste if you choose not to book a restaurant. We booked our restaurants and paid with cc at home. We had specific nights in mind. The "free restaurant" OBC just went toward our account.

If you are a captain's club member you can make reservations through the captain's club office (phone or email) 60 days or closer to your sailing date. Or just wait until you are on board.

Alterntative #2 would be to aks your TA and see if they can find how to do it or if they can just do it for you.

Only a certain number of seats are allocated for online reservations. The rest are made available to book once on board the ship. If you go to the specialty restaurant shortly after boarding, I don't think you will have any problem getting a reservation.

Only a certain number of seats are allocated for online reservations. The rest are made available to book once on board the ship. If you go to the specialty restaurant shortly after boarding, I don't think you will have any problem getting a reservation.

While they do hold over some slots, often the prime dinner times are fully booked in advance. You sometimes have to eat either real early or real late if you wait to book on board.

The "free specialty dining" is actually just an obc added to your account. You don't HAVE to use it for a restaurant. So it won't go to waste if you choose not to book a restaurant. We booked our restaurants and paid with cc at home. We had specific nights in mind. The "free restaurant" OBC just went toward our account.

My TA said they had been hearing back from the people just of sailings that instead of the added OBC, many were actually getting a certificate that is just to be used in a specialty dining restaurant. My guess is to keep them all full & running. Honestly we were thinking or trying 1 of those restaurants so this made that an easy decision.

I'm not in the Capt's Club, 1st time with Celeb for me, done Carnival & RCI in the past. Looking forward to trying Celeb.

While they do hold over some slots, often the prime dinner times are fully booked in advance. You sometimes have to eat either real early or real late if you wait to book on board.

This is what I'm worried about although we are fine to eat @ 6 which appears to be their earliest reservation. We just don't due 10pm dinners I'm afraid (I think we're the "oldest" bunch of 20 somethings ever :rolleyes:)

If I was in this position I'd make a reservation for the best time I could find even if it was not my preferred time or date. If nothing is acceptable then I wouldn't make any reservation. In either case I'd head down to the specialty restaurant upon ASAP after boarding (not to one of the many reservation stands around the ship on embarkation day) and talk to someone there. The people there are normally very helpful and gracious - among the best service staff on the ship. They almost always have lots of slots open at most times but some may go quickly once people are on board.

Archived