Carrying soda and water onboard?

AECrowell

Has anyone heard that you are no longer allowed to bring soda and bottled water onboard? Holland America just told an acquaintance of mine that although you can carry on wine, you cannot bring sodas or bottled water. I always buy Diet Coke and water to take on with me and have never had a problem.

And I carried Diet Tonic on board, last month..Also no problem..

As far as bringing water on board, it's not really necessary, as the ships water is pure & can be consumed right from the tap..As a matter of fact I only drink filtered water at home, but have always found HAL's water to be pure..

Cheers....:)Betty

I would ask your acquaintance for details IE who told them this ? Did they get a name ? I suspect something got changed in the passing of this information...like the game we used to play as kids where we passed the same story from person to person and it never stayed the same.

If the "Holland America" who spoke to your acquaintance was someone in Seattle, then I wouldn't give the information much credence. They are notorious for giving out incorrect information.

No such info has been posted to this board. And the posters here usually have it right! :D

Archived