Hotels or public beaches for a day?

goingtosnorkel

My husband and I will be traveling in the Western Caribbean area during the holidays. We would like to relax on a beach in some ports (Cozumel - Nassau- Costa Maya) Anyone know of hotels or good public beaches to visit? Do the all inclusives offer drinks in day package deals? Also, what kind of cost should we expect for a day visit?:D

If you go to a public beach, you'll probably want to rent chairs/umbrella....figure in the $20 range....most public beaches have food/restrooms, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Your best bet is a guidebook on your ports....that will tell you everything you need to know about where you're going.

If you go to a public beach, you'll probably want to rent chairs/umbrella....figure in the $20 range....most public beaches have food/restrooms, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Your best bet is a guidebook on your ports....that will tell you everything you need to know about where you're going.

CC also has a board on most ports. If you search on the port you are looking for, i am sure you can get more information. I know i was able to get information on St Thomas and St Marteen.

My husband and I will be traveling in the Western Caribbean area during the holidays. We would like to relax on a beach in some ports (Cozumel - Nassau- Costa Maya) Anyone know of hotels or good public beaches to visit? Do the all inclusives offer drinks in day package deals? Also, what kind of cost should we expect for a day visit?:D

Go to the ports of call boards. Cozumel Costa Maya each have a number of beach clubs/restaurants that will provide a lounger and umbrella free as long as you buy food and beverages from them.

In Cozumel there are a number of beaches you can go to We now go to Money Bar Beach- no charge for the beach. It is an $8 cab ride for 4 people. They have chaises for free and tables with umbrellas. There is a restaurant with bar and if you snorkel that fee is $2@ and they rent snorkeling stuff. We love the snorkeling there. You don't walk in sand to the water. There is a bulkhead against the water but there are steps and a handrail to get into the water.

You can also go to Chankanaub, a national park which you can google. There is a charge to get in and the cab ride there is at least $10. They have snorkeling, swim with dolphins, a seal show, etc. Check their site for info about them.

There are other beaches and the ship will have tours going to them but for more $$$$.

Costa Maya was built just for cruise ships. There is a pool and a beach anyone can use. But getting onto the water can be hard as there is a lot of smooth coral to walk over. Just look for a good spot to get to the water and watch for one.

In Nassau we stay on the ship as we have been there many, many times. It nice because very few people are on the ship. You should explore the straw market but NEVER pay what they say it costs. They expect you to barter! You can go to Cable beach but should take a cab there but, don't pay him until he comes back for you! You won't find a cab there and may be almost the only people there. You can see it to the right from the ship. And, think of going to Atlantis just to see it- and watch people lose $1,000 black cips!

Check out the roll call here for your cruise. We had a tour of all Nassau with two couples we met thru the Roll Call.

Archived