fresh water pools on Summit?

JRoeT

Hello JRoeT,

two weeks ago on the Millennium I asked the same question when I talked with the sanitation officer. The answer was as follows: in the hot tubs fresh water is used with chlorine added, in the pools including the spa pool, salt water is used from the sea. When the distance from the land is 12 miles or more, the water from the sea is run through sand filters and continuously discharged back in the sea, when the distance is closer, chlorine is added and a close loop recirculation is used. In the warm waters no heater is used.

Summit probably is using the same practice.

Wes

JRoeT

All the pools are salt water but there are several showers around the pool to wash off the salt.

You will LOVE the Summit. I just returned from the 11 nite cruise & it was exceptional

Sandy

Thanks for your responses. I was getting a little nervous about our choice to sail with Celebrity (instead of Princess) but your notes have brought me back to reality! I can't wait until March '05 (man, that's a long time away!)

You are going to LOVE sailing with Celebrity. They pamper you to death, all the food is wonderful and all the employees so friendldy. You can't pass by anyone without getting 'good morning, how can I help you'.

Which ship are you sailing on?

I just sailed on the Summit & can't wait to go again. It was marvelous.

Galaxy '97

Horizon '02

Summit '04

Archived