Miss Seadream service,,after last cruise

alexandra cruiser

just got off Regent Voyager,,,loved the large cabin,balcony,,,and TUB,,,,but sure missed the great food and service on last SD cruise to Adriatic in June....actually had to WAIT for drinks,,never called by name,no one to wipe off glasses,,boo hoo....but did LOVE the cabin,,,so guess its a trade off,,,,now on to Seabourn in May...hey,,,how bad is it to try ALL the cruiselines???? No if SD..could just Regent cabins,,,would be a customer for LIFE...just my random thoughts,,,:D

I just got off the Voyager as well (1st time). actually great cabins and the ship was really nice. But no one to clean my glasses, no "good Morning Mrs Burger"! The only restaurant to compare to SD was Prime 7. Yep, it's as good as it gets.

Maybe on same one....also,,liked the Signatures restaurant,,,similar in quality to SeaDream....but Compass Rose took LONG time to eat dinner...also,,,did you notice the vibration in aft section,,esp.in cabin...I never noticed this on SD...because of service,food,and vibration,,,will go on Seabourn next May....;)

• 2 weeks later...

After a number of years of loyalty to Regent, I finally gave up on them this year. My experience was that the very personal service I came to expect had changed to mass market mentality with open bar and free excursions. Those new to the line don't notice the deterioration in service and food quality that drove us away. Personnel departures didn't help any, either. Not knocking those who are pleased with the Regent experience. I'm glad for Regent that they are filling their ships with very satisfied new cruisers and a number of loyalists, but their new philosophy just leaves me frustrated and dissatisfied.

But enough about Regent. I frind myself wishing we could take the spring SD crossing because fall seems so far away. And spending several weeks in the hospital with complications of a broken ankle, the bali beds, imppecable service, and luxury menu are only a distant dream.

Now, if we could only meld those Regent cabins, oops suites, with SD service, we would have a real winner.

J

No if SD..could just Regent cabins,,,would be a customer for LIFE...just my random thoughts,,,:D

and while this response is late . . . how about taking the upgrade on a SD cabin when offered -- The Commodore is definitely the way to go . . . love having 2 bathrooms! and on a BtB, need the closet space;).

FT

balcony and tub,,,,or maybe windows open in suite????also,,,liked full breakfast with room service every morning...think SD only offered a few items,,not sure,,,,but broke down and booked another Regent,,,Mariner,,,for next Dec.in W.Caribbean...

Joanne, agree,,,,IF we could just combine the two,,,:)

balcony and tub,,,,or maybe windows open in suite????also,,,liked full breakfast with room service every morning...think SD only offered a few items,,not sure,,,,but broke down and booked another Regent,,,Mariner,,,for next Dec.in W.Caribbean...

Joanne, agree,,,,IF we could just combine the two,,,:)

This is true. There is no one perfect cruise line. We enjoyed the bigger cabins/baths on Seabourn but missed the showers on SeaDream and found the layout of the cabin actually more to our liking on SeaDream. Have had much larger cabins on Queen Mary 2 that were not nearly as useable. Balconies are nice but on SeaDream, we feel like the whole ship is our balcony. Not so on Seabourn. Have wanted to do Regent but just have never pulled the trigger. Can not imagine doing the Caribbean on any but SeaDream. Prefer Seabourn or Cunard for Europe. Decisions, decisions.:eek: What tough choices we have to make.:D:D

J.

Archived