Stateroom under the pool! HELP!

GOIN2C

I have been under the pool deck on the Radiance OTS and I can honestly say it wasn't that bad. You could hear some deck chairs being dragged around but not much else. It was much worse on the Elation under the Galley. (and even that wasn't TOO bad.)

I have been under the pool deck on the Radiance OTS and I can honestly say it wasn't that bad. You could hear some deck chairs being dragged around but not much else. It was much worse on the Elation under the Galley. (and even that wasn't TOO bad.)

Thank you all.

I had a room on the Elation under the Galley and it drove me nuts! It sounded like someone was rolling a bowling ball above my head. Now I check the deck plans before I book. :)

OP do you know if you can change to a different room?

If you go to this site you can drag deck plans and overlay them on other decks to see where your cabin relates to the other(s). I checked on your cabin and it is forward of the pool but just in front of the stage on the lido deck. You could hear noise in the morning/evening.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit1.php?ship=Carnival%20Valor

If you go to this site you can drag deck plans and overlay them on other decks to see where your cabin relates to the other(s). I checked on your cabin and it is forward of the pool but just in front of the stage on the lido deck. You could hear noise in the morning/evening.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit1.php?ship=Carnival%20Valor

Thar is an AWESOME site....Thank you!!!!!!!!!

We have sailed the aft on Deck 8 on the Freedom (sister ship) and we were not bothered by noise at all. Occasionally we would hear a chair or two but nothing bothersome.

You can also get earplugs from the Pursers Desk ;)

Enjoy

My personal rule is never below the lido deck and never above the promenade deck. One bad choide under the pool deck with the scraping of chairs all morning, each morning.... it set me off each day stark raving mad!:D But I plot the death of anyone that messes with my sleep, so it may be just me, but if you feel strongly about being awoken at 7 or 8am to overhead chair-scraping... change the cabin!

Archived