Fly-cruising and bad weather such as this

LibraLass41

I would echo all the above. Definitely go for the overnight in Barbados, and treat yourself to dinner at the Pisces reastaurant on St. Lawrence Gap, a short taxi ride from the terminal. Or P&O offer a dinner and show excursion. Do not waste the opportunity for a Caribbean night out by staying on board!!

Go for a C-deck port-side balcony, as the balcony is twice the size of all the others with half open for the sun and half shaded.

Ha ha, please book this Sue and put us all out of our misery!!!

Carol x

They do use Bristol, although I believe this winter is the last, A104 departing 18/2/11, there are still seats available, join us :)

Yes, your right, I'm thinking for next year, so Bristol not a option. Great shame, it would of been quite easy for us if they did.

October looking better for me Somerset, Feb too soon, as we are away in May to Lake Garda.

It sails on 28th Oct. 14 or 15 nights, A124 (or A124A with overnight in Barbados on the ship for 15 nighter - highly recommend) 3 sea days, calling at Madeira, then 5 sea days, first stop Antigua, St Maarten, St Kitts, St Lucia, Barbados. Fly back from Barbados. Great itinerary. Caribbean is so easy to to do by yourself as the islands are small and you're never that far away from the ship.

We enjoyed the sea days so much. There was such a lot going on and the Atlantic was like a mill pond. It was strangely nice with no birds, planes or ships for days, and you get 4 x 25 hour days as you put the clocks back 4 nights. Excellent value too. You need a portside balcony cabin for the sun. :)

ummm, thanks I'll look into it, although I was thinking of flying out, (to get it out of the way) And sailing home - with no worries then of luggage weight restrictions...:rolleyes::)

ummm, thanks I'll look into it, although I was thinking of flying out, (to get it out of the way) And sailing home - with no worries then of luggage weight restrictions...:rolleyes::)

You will have more weight restrictions flying out as your cases are weighed at the airport here. If you fly back instead, they aren't weighed at all. The flight back is great as they keep you on the ship until a couple of hours before flight, then take you straight into departures, your cases having been collected the night before.

At the start, you can leave your car at the airport ready to pick up when your flight returns, and P&O will coach you to Southampton FOC. It was a great service.

I prefer sailing from cold to warm as you can totally relax with the sea days as it warms up and look forward to the adventures as you get to the Caribbean. Doing it the other way you have 5 consecutive island days after a long flight then 5 sea days IIRC. I wouldn't say no to the March repositioning Transatlantic, but I prefer the October itinerary. :)

On the other hand I prefer the March transatlantic as its a daytime flight out. The problem with the October one is that the flight back is overnight and have done enough of those across the Atlantic to know its a killer.

However each to his own

Brian

On the other hand I prefer the March transatlantic as its a daytime flight out. The problem with the October one is that the flight back is overnight and have done enough of those across the Atlantic to know its a killer.

However each to his own

Brian

I'll have to try it, for research purposes Brian, then I can comment from experience :D

I hate flying at any time so they are all 'killer' flights for me! Didn't seem too bad arriving back at Manchester early morning.

u2

VERY interesting information, I didn't know they don't weigh cases going home when flying back....thanks

the comment...At the start, you can leave your car at the airport ready to pick up when your flight returns, and P&O will coach you to Southampton FOC. It was a great service.

That bit puts me off a bit being coached from the airport all the way down to Southampton, then to have to drive all the way back up country again to Bristol. But if you all say its worth it....lol....

At the start, you can leave your car at the airport ready to pick up when your flight returns, and P&O will coach you to Southampton FOC. It was a great service. - U2

Which airport? One near you or near Southampton?

The airport you fly to or from.

For example if you do the October transatlantic and are flying back to Birmingham, on your departure day you park your car at Birmingham airport (should you wish) and then take the free P&O coach to Southampton. Your car is then at the airport when you fly back in.

If you do the March repositioning, it works in reverse, fly out then coach back from Southampton to airport.

The free coach is available from any of the airports used, which is normally Gatwick, Birmingham, East Midlands or Manchester.

The other option you could use would be to do a one way car hire at each end of your holiday. This might be cost effective as you then wont have any car parking cost. All major car rental companies do it and most are located near the cruise terminals in Southampton so they will pick you up or drop you off.

Brian

At the start, you can leave your car at the airport ready to pick up when your flight returns, and P&O will coach you to Southampton FOC. It was a great service. - U2

Which airport? One near you or near Southampton?

I think Brian's explained it better than me.

We drive one hour to Manchester airport as that's our nearest for P&O flights, and leave the car there for the duration of the holiday. Coaches take us from Manchester the morning of the cruise. Then we fly back to Manchester, so just an hour to drive home. The coach part put me off at first, but it was excellent; very comfortable, roomy and we were there in no time, plus the ship will wait for you if held up. :)

Archived