Stay and cruise at Port Canaveral

sunhoney64

Any recommendations for hotels to stay the night before the cruise and leave your car? There are several to chose from. And BTW, if you havent checked it out. The hotels are acutally cheaper than the cost to park your car for a week and you can park for the entire week free. And they offer free shuttle to and from the ship. :D

Any recommendations for hotels to stay the night before the cruise and leave your car? There are several to chose from. And BTW, if you havent checked it out. The hotels are acutally cheaper than the cost to park your car for a week and you can park for the entire week free. And they offer free shuttle to and from the ship. :D

Country Inn & Suites.

Hint, go online & join their club before you make your reservation. The upgraded us to a suite at no extra cost.

We have stayed at Residence Inn or Country Inn and Suites. Cost is the deciding factor as both are very similiar, breakfast buffet included. Lots of comments can be found under Florida departures, "The NEW I work in Port Canaveral".

We have stayed over the years three times at the Raddison at Port.

It is NOT walking distance to the pier.

We are pleased with the accomadations.

We have always requested and recieved the room we wanted. We always requested inside room by the pool usually in building 1. This way we don't have far to walk with our luggage. Also there is something about having an outside door to the parking lot that just bothers me, so that is why we request the inside.

The pool is awesome, and the Raddison is very clean.

Even though they offer a free shuttle to the pier.

When you confirm your shuttle time, it is still so very crowded in the lobby waiting for the shuttle. We did the shuttle twice in the past and although not to traumatizing it is an experience to behold with the crowds.

This summer we took a cab, at 10:30 am. Paid $14.00, easily driven to RCI terminal. Dropped off at the security door with no one in line. There are two doors you can enter and the cabby after dropping off our luggage waited and took us to the door with the shorter line. (He recieved a nice tip).

Got through security, checked- in, and were on the ship about 11:15.

Definetly would take the cab, and go early.

We got so many neat pictures of the Freedom before the crowds.

Safe travels.

We have always requested and recieved the room we wanted. We always requested inside room by the pool usually in building 1. This way we don't have far to walk with our luggage. Also there is something about having an outside door to the parking lot that just bothers me, so that is why we request the inside.

When you confirm your shuttle time, it is still so very crowded in the lobby waiting for the shuttle. We did the shuttle twice in the past and although not to traumatizing it is an experience to behold with the crowds.

This summer we took a cab, at 10:30 am. Paid $14.00, easily driven to RCI terminal. Dropped off at the security door with no one in line. There are two doors you can enter and the cabby after dropping off our luggage waited and took us to the door with the shorter line. (He recieved a nice tip).

Safe travels.

YES LIONESSS knows what she is talking about...Although this hotel is not on the beach, just acrossed the street. It is the best choice I believe. $14 is a steal for having a hassel free trip to the pier. :):):)

We like Country Inns & Suites at Port Canaveral. It's the closest hotel to the port, though it's not reasonable to expect to walk to the port. If memory serves, the roads are four-laned -- not something you should expect to cross on foot, even if you weren't dragging a suitcase -- and ALL the hotels are across the bridge from the port. The distance isn't far, but it's not like you can expect to just walk down the sidewalk.

We've never stayed at THAT Residence Inn, but we've stayed at lots of OTHER Residence Inns and like them very much.

I don't think you can go wrong with either of these two: They're essentially side by side, so the location is equal. They both offer parking and breakfast, the two amenities that most of us value. I'd make the decision based upon price.

And, changing the subject slightly, here's the best way to use the shuttles: With whole families trying to get themselves and their over-packed luggage onto the shuttle, you may face a wait. Drive your car to the port, drop off your group and all the luggage. Have one person return the car to the hotel (be sure he keeps his passport or other cruise ID). That one person -- with no luggage in his hands -- will likely be able to squeeze onto the very next shuttle, and with any luck he'll catch up to you quickly just about the time you've handled the luggage /tipping the porters.

YES LIONESSS knows what she is talking about...Although this hotel is not on the beach, just acrossed the street. It is the best choice I believe. $14 is a steal for having a hassel free trip to the pier. :):):)

The hotel is a good choice but all 3 Port Canaveral hotel choices close to the port, which are right next to each other, are located a good mile or two from the beach.

You can see the ships from the hotels, but it is not walking distance to the ship, unless you want to walk down the interstate and across the very busy bridge. WAY too far to drag your luggage. Fourteen bucks for a cab is a great deal, and worth it.

We've stayed at the Country Inn & Suites several times. It was very clean and convenient to the port. Each time we've gotten them on Priceline for around $50. and were upgraded to a suite anyway. They have a nice pool area with a whirlpool and a pretty good breakfast. The shuttle is caught easily and you just tip them. We left our car there on each trip. I believe that we paid an extra $20. to do so since we got the hotel on PL so inexpensively. After 5:00 the shuttle will also take you over to the restaurant/bar area along the canal.

macy

Any good hotel recommendations near the beach, or is it best to stay at either the Radisson or C.I, and take a cab to Cocoa Beach?

That would be depending on what is more important to you. Staying on the beach and then taking a cab to the port (about 5-10 miles depending on how far south you go), or

staying close to the port and just taking a cab for a day at the beach and the "Ron Jon's tourist area".

If you are a beach person, I would stay there and just take the cab to the port and enjoy your extra time in the area at a more scenic destination. The 3 port hotels are nice, but are not beach hotels and are basically "the night before the cruise" hotel set up with transfer and convenient parking.

We enjoy the Radisson, nice breakfast and beautiful pool. The hot tub is in a secluded lanscaped alcove and the rest of the grounds are equally attractive. The shuttle is fine just reserve the first one and enjoy the company as everyone is so excited to board :)

Don't forget to check out the port webcams before you go..always fun!

Radisson Resort at the Port. Closest to the port. Park your car. Free shuttle to port. Nice large pool with fountains and outdoor bar and snacks. Friendly staff. Nice rooms. Reasonable.

Another vote for Country Inn and Suites here. We've stayed there twice now before going on FOS.

The parking and shuttle to the pier is nice. We always call ahead and get on the list for the earliest shuttle group.

They also have a nice pool area with a big hot tub.

Another vote for Country Inn and Suites here. We've stayed there twice now before going on FOS.

The parking and shuttle to the pier is nice. We always call ahead and get on the list for the earliest shuttle group.

They also have a nice pool area with a big hot tub.

Grady, I just read your picture review of the FOS. AMAZING!!! Thank you so much and thank you to everyone for your advice. I am going to check in to the Country Inn. It seems to have the most votes.

Safe travels.

Thank you Sue...we're at the Radisson here in a couple of weeks and that has been my plan so I was hoping that it would work out that way. This is our first time on Freedom and sailing out of Port Canaveral. However, we used a similar plan when sailing on Majesty out of Miami earlier this year and it was pretty slick. Thank you again for confirming my plan. :)

We like staying at Residence Inn. Condo style rooms. The staff is excellent. Free breakfast is very good. You can leave your car for free. They do not have a free shuttle but they called us a taxi. Last week (12/10) it was $4 per person. There are a couple of hotels on/near the beach: Hilton, Best Western, Courtyard (near), Hampton Inn (near) Sheraton Four Points (next to Ron Jon's). I have only stayed at the Hilton and it has been several years ago.

We stayed at the Radisson in March of this year and they were very well organized in getting us to the ship. We just told them what time we wanted to be taken to the ship and it ws pretty much on time. We also left our car there. Was pleased with the room and liked the location. We are planning to stay there again in Feb.

We like the Raddisson and we know we are in the minority, but we don't mind parking at the pier even for the money for a week. We really like to get right off the ship and into our car and on the road instead waiting on what could be several shuttles. It is a convenience cost to us and we just figure it into the total price of our trip when budgeting.

For us we can be an hour up the road on 95 while people by the time some people are just getting to their car.

One thing I forgot to add.

Is we never took the shuttle back to the Raddison.

We always booked cruise transportation back to the airport. Once the Magical express, and twice we paid for RCI bus transfers, which in themselves are organized and very quick!

I have heard that the shuttle returns to the Raddison can have LONG waits, but, do not know this first hand.

Safe travels.

Archived