Best Place for Young Kids

CruisingSoon88

We are considering a cruise on the Carnival Dream that includes Costa Maya. Our boys will be 5 and 2. Any suggestions on which places here would be the most kid friendly? Many of the all-inclusive places sound great, but I'm just wondering if my kids would get bored. Thanks for any input.:)

We've seen all ages at Maya Chan. They have beach and water games. The workers love a change from adults, so they'll have a good time with the kids, although I think all their bikes are all regular size. There are some friendly dogs and cats there as well. They will make tasty virgin drinks for the kids and the food is not too spicy (their fruit cups are great). You can e-mail Mark at his website and ask about kid-friendly activities. Good luck with your planning.;)

If you don't do Maya Chan, your best bet may just be the pool at the port. That's coming from a guy who doesn't generally like things at the the ports. But younger children traveling can get tired and whiny easily and while the malecon at Mahahual is great for older children and adults, just getting there will be a bit a push for children as young as yours. They start off with a LONG walk down the pier and it's "are we there yet?" before you get to the port shops area. You'll be getting the whines on the way to Maya Chan too but they might have a good time there.

In my opinion, the beach in Mahahual is one of the best beaches for young children I've ever seen. We took out 3 year old there last year and he LOVED it. The beach is very gently sloping is it is very safe and there is a break offshore so conditions are usually calm. This is a much safer beach for young children than any beach in Cozumel. Just go into town and walk along the beach until you see a place you like. Bring some sand toys, and if your boys are anything like my son they will have a blast. Really the only thing missing is a playground or water toys, but your children are probably too young for water toys anyway.

You can see pictures here: http://www.pbase.com/2112/costa_maya

Definately Tropicante. We've been going there since my little girl was 4. They are really friendly and will make sure you have a wonderful day. We were there 2 months ago with friends. Jorge was just awesome with our kids. He gave them handmade necklace(wouldn't take any money for them) and even brought them small homemade icecream samples. Without a doubt - we will go back next visit to Costa Maya.

The water is gorgeous!

2065894260078275166S425x425Q85.jpg

In my opinion, the beach in Mahahual is one of the best beaches for young children I've ever seen. We took out 3 year old there last year and he LOVED it. The beach is very gently sloping is it is very safe and there is a break offshore so conditions are usually calm. This is a much safer beach for young children than any beach in Cozumel. Just go into town and walk along the beach until you see a place you like. Bring some sand toys, and if your boys are anything like my son they will have a blast. Really the only thing missing is a playground or water toys, but your children are probably too young for water toys anyway.

You can see pictures here: http://www.pbase.com/2112/costa_maya

This beach looks great for small kids. We are leaving this Sunday on the NCL Pearl, which stops at Costa Maya. How far is the walk and is there any entry fee?

Archived