Band Topmen

I,m sorry to have to say this, but for any of you who know and like Topmen it,s bad news.Joseph who started the group has told me they have split up. I am gutted about this as I,m sure a lot of you will be too.I think they were the best band on thomson ships.:(

Can appreciate their popularity as they played well known songs on deck that people knew the words to and could sing along to, but musically I thought that they were preyy poor. each to his/her own though. :)

Personally thought the 3 piece band in the bar at the top - horizons? were a far more together group. Also the classical duo were far better than they were given credit for. - nice people too.

Again just personal choice.

You can't blame me for saying that I hope you heard incorrectly.

The band played an important part in making our very first cruise so memorable. They were good, fun and very nice chaps. We last saw them in September on the Spirit.

Can appreciate their popularity as they played well known songs on deck that people knew the words to and could sing along to, but musically I thought that they were preyy poor. each to his/her own though. :)

Personally thought the 3 piece band in the bar at the top - horizons? were a far more together group. Also the classical duo were far better than they were given credit for. - nice people too.

Again just personal choice.

Well, I agree completely with your assessment of the groups (musically) although we did enjoy listening to them in terms of generating a happy, fun atmosphere. We particularly rated the two young ladies in Explorers - but I always hope that Janus will be on board when we go - he was amazing.

What a shame they have split up. We have been on 8 Thomson cruises so far and I thought they were by far the best all round band we had seen on any of them. I was hoping they may have been on Destiny again in March when we go to the Caribbean again:(

Janet

Don't know if it was the effect of the booze but the lead singer appeared to be different this year when we went on in august to the guy that was on two years ago, he was always mucking about and dressing up as brittany spears and boyance. The lead singer this year although a really good singer seemed a lot quieter and didnt seem to mix with the others off stage the way the original one did. anyone else notice this? But a shame they have broken up as a great bunch of lads, I suppose they want some life back at home.

I,m sorry to have to say this, but for any of you who know and like Topmen it,s bad news.Joseph who started the group has told me they have split up. I am gutted about this as I,m sure a lot of you will be too.I think they were the best band on thomson ships.:(

Very dissapointed that the TopMen have split up. they are a great bunch of guys. does any one know what group is on the Destiny in the Caribbean at the moment?

• 1 month later...

I have got an up date for you. As I said before Topmen have split up, but Joseph has put a new band together. It's called The Rock Port Band, and they will be on thomson spirit from 25th feb for the season. Great news and I'm sure they will be just as good.:D

Here is an update to that update. We were on the Spirit in January. During the crew talent show it was announced that a young chap who works in the kitchen of the Lido Restaurant was having his contract renewed for the new season as a singer for a newly formed band. I only wish I could remember his name.

He is absolutely brilliant, his voice is strong and smooth. After the show he went back to his duties, by this time it was after 11 pm. We had a quick chat with him. He is so happy to be moving into a entertaining role.

While it is sad that the topmen are no more, I am sure we all have something to look forward to. Well, except me. My next sail is on the Destiny in September.

p.s. - Travelling in September should be fine. I believe the new crew come on in October - ish.

I have got an up date for you. As I said before Topmen have split up, but Joseph has put a new band together. It's called The Rock Port Band, and they will be on thomson spirit from 25th feb for the season. Great news and I'm sure they will be just as good.:D

Emil is still with the the other members of the band, Danlo, Reggie and Romel plus one new member to replace Joseph.

• 4 weeks later...
Emil is still with the the other members of the band, Danlo, Reggie and Romel plus one new member to replace Joseph.
if anyone are interested who's with Joseph,try to search in YOUTUBE "ROCKPORT1"... Topmen Band are still tight,and the new guitarist is superb,but still no news with this group...

Has anyone been on the spirit this year?

If you have did you see the band and find out who was in the band.

thanks

We were on the Spirit end of Jan. I cant remember the name of the band but thought they were poor. Not much in the way of 'stage presence', didnt interact with the passengers and dressed on stage like they were going down to their local for a swift pint. Disappointed.

In fact I was slightly disappointed with the slow bar/waiter/waitress service too. I think Thomsons have reduced the staff numbers a little. The food wasnt as good as previously either.

Archived