To our neighbors in room 7416 on Victory, 12/12/10...

GLENANDT

I don't think you can get in trouble for stating a fact...although, you never know around here.

Facts or opinions...either way, SOMEONE is going to challenge or disagree with you !

Here's a good FACT.....I hope you have a Merry Christmas and calm seas and fair winds on your next cruise !

PS... Don't forget to report those annoying neighbors on your cruise if needed !!! LOL :)

Here's a good FACT.....I hope you have a Merry Christmas and calm seas and fair winds on your next cruise !

PS... Don't forget to report those annoying neighbors on your cruise if needed !!! LOL :)

Thanks, you too :)

I haven't had annoying neighbors yet but if I ever do, I'll just politely talk to them and see how it goes.

This board has become a breeding ground for negative people. You try to state your experiences and the problems you had and all you get in response is "you were wrong so suck it up" responses. Sad. I was just trying to remind people to be considerate of their surroundings

Goodness I am the one who was put out and yet I get a rude comment because I chose NOT to complain onboard. I was irritated but I decided not to cause any problems between the room steward and the guests. I think that was a great decision on my part.

When you are unhappy with any service you receive you complain on the spot to people that can help at that time... complaining or voicing your concerns here after the fact may help you vent.. but it didn't help you in that specific situation... Next time COMPLAIN... :D

I agree with kruznkel You may feel it was a good decision on your part not to complain but than you post this thread and have the whole board (at least those who read it) agitated for something no one can remedy now.

I didn't start this subject I was just commenting on MY experience. I kinda thought this was the place to make such a comment without getting bashed. No one knows when I cruised and who my noisy neighbors were. Geez people! Sorry!!!!!

we never had noisy neighbors but we had a much older couple who obviously handwashed the mrs undergarments. she would hang them either at the rail so that her bras would wave like a flag on our balcony or clip very large granny panties to the top of the divider which because they were in frt of us ended up on our balcony. ewwwwww...the steward did speak with them thank goodness....my kids were freaking out!!!!!!!!

watch i just jinxed myself to have the noisy ones next trip.

:eek: Oh my gosh!! I can't imagine going out to enjoy your balcony and being greeted by granny undies!!! Ewww!!! But LOL, too! I'm glad the steward spoke to them, though I'd have loved to hear how that conversation went! :p

we never had noisy neighbors but we had a much older couple who obviously handwashed the mrs undergarments. she would hang them either at the rail so that her bras would wave like a flag on our balcony or clip very large granny panties to the top of the divider which because they were in frt of us ended up on our balcony. ewwwwww...the steward did speak with them thank goodness....my kids were freaking out!!!!!!!!

watch i just jinxed myself to have the noisy ones next trip.

:eek: Oh my gosh!! I can't imagine going out to enjoy your balcony and being greeted by granny undies!!! Ewww!!! But LOL, too! I'm glad the steward spoke to them, though I'd have loved to hear how that conversation went! :p

I would have called the purser desk everyday. I wouldn't have cared how elder they were. You might have gotten something done about it by calling, but I sure nothing will happen from commenting on it here. I can imagine how mad I would be from hearing it everyday. Luckily the worst neighbor we have had were three chain smokers who always looked around the divider if they heard us on the balcony.

We haven't had any noisey neighbors except for twice, once with kids that sounded like they were jumping off the beds and slamming the balcony door, and another time with a couple arguing. We didn't contact guest services, just dealt with it really. At one point, the couple that was with us, went over and spoke to the dad. He's a Dad so he knew how to smooth it over or something. They calmed down after that.

Here is how I handle neighbors who continue to make noise on the balcony. I always bring a water pistol with me. If they don't quite down I start shooting over the wall. If they say anything I make a comment about the lousy birds. They usually stay indoors after that.

Sorry you had a bad time and that the neighbours were inconsiderate. Why on earth wouldn't you have said something to them instead of making indirect comments? Or if you didn't feel comfortable asking them directly you could have asked guest services to take care of it.

I agree. Or utilize that lovely mailbox outside each cabin door and leave a note asking that the radio be turned off or you will report them to guest services and security.

complaining "after the fact"....now that makes alot of sense...NOT !

Sorry.... no pity from me on this one as you should have went to guest services and advised them of the issue WHILE ON THE SHIP

Have to agree with that, Now is not the time..:confused:

I just wanted to thank you for blaring your radio everyday on your balcony and letting the whole back of the ship listen to your Diana Ross. You were so inconsideriate of everyone around you. I paid for an aft wrap balcony next to you and could barely have a conversation with my husband with out yelling. Try to take your neighbors into consideration next time before you start blaring your beloved radio

That is my biggest concern about paying extra money for a balcony, either getting a smoker, doper or loud rude neighbors. :(

Guest services would have contacted the guest and advised of the complaints and asked them kindly to refrain.... if it had continued, they probably would have been warned that if the problem did not cease, they would take further action, not limited to debarking them at the next port of call as a last resort...

1st: I approached them with courtesy-no results

2nd: I called guest services-The noise stopped for the rest of That night.

3rd through rest of cruz, I called guest services (they never answered the phone (honest) the rest of the cruz., went to the help desk and got no resolve.

TNCruzer's experience is how I would expect guest services to react to a persistently noisy guest.

Travelntreats, have you ever seen anyone debarked at the next port for persistent disorderly conduct or is that just a fantasy of yours?

We had issues with obnoxious kids running thru the hallways upstairs from us funny enough at midnight my 15 yr old went down to Guest Services and well 5 minutes later the Security guard was upstairs and the kids stopped this went on for for the first 2 nights then my son went down again and they called security while he was at the desk...Security actually spoke to our son and said to keep him posted and they will "handle" it sure enough it was taken care of and the rest of the cruise we had no issues...We had an inside cabin and heard nothing the whole trip..

You try to state your experiences and the problems you had and all you get in response is "you were wrong so suck it up" responses.

:confused:

I think the point is, you did suck it up and nobody thinks you should have.

You could have (and should have)at least tried to remedy the problem instead of putting up with it for the length of the cruise.

:confused:

I think the point is, you did suck it up and nobody thinks you should have.

You could have (and should have)at least tried to remedy the problem instead of putting up with it for the length of the cruise.

Exactly! While I feel bad for the OP, there is no way I would put up with someone who was ruining my balcony time! Sometimes people are unwitting idiots about proper ettiquette while travelling and just need a reminder. If they're being rude on purpose, then they need a spanking!;)

OP, I know you didn't come here to get advice on what you should have done. You came here as sort of a public service announcement to remind ALL of us here to just be a little more aware of our surroundings when we have our next balcony. And I will take that reminder as it was intended, thank you. We will have a balcony on our next cruise and I will make sure to be mindfull that I am not the only one out on my balcony during my cruise. :)

OP, I know you didn't come here to get advice on what you should have done. You came here as sort of a public service announcement to remind ALL of us here to just be a little more aware of our surroundings when we have our next balcony. And I will take that reminder as it was intended, thank you. We will have a balcony on our next cruise and I will make sure to be mindfull that I am not the only one out on my balcony during my cruise. :)

Thank you for understanding. Have a great cruise!

Sometimes people do things, and they are truly unaware that they are disturbing someone else.

There is no need "to report them" or "complain to them" or "threaten to report them".

First, tell them that they are probably "unaware"...but that you hear noise or smell smoke etc....

Then, if it continues...talk to guest services

I'd rather have someone politely inform me that my light disturbs them than get an "official visit".....or have another passenger reprimand me.

I've stuck my head out the door in many hotels...and asked people to be quiet in the halls. It works.

Archived