Just off Voyager .... Personal observations

can you post a compass???

is there a Diamond lounge onbard or do Diamond memebers have to go to a bar and get

discounted drinks??

sailing in March.

The Diamond happy hour was held on deck 3 in what they called The Vault, very dark, limited seating, like a dungeon. We decided the atmosphere was too gloomy for a free glass of wine, spoke to several diamond members that felt the same. We just returned on 12/19.

Thank you.

We love Voyager-class ships; have done 3 cruises on that size and will sail again one day.

I have to ask why you, and so many others, do this? We have never paid our room steward to keep the ice filled. It is included in the service they provide. Not being mean, just seriously asking why you did this?

My husband and I did not do this as I like to see what service we get before tipping extra. My grown son used to work for tips (hotel) and always appreciates good tippers. I mentioned that if he wanted super service, I've heard to tip before the cruise started and see what happened. Well I am sure that this steward was probably great anyway but she surely appreciated the extra $20 and she was extra appreciative during the whole cruise. He said it was $20 well spent. BTW, his ice bucket was ALWAYS full where ours was not and we had to call for ice at least once.

Janet, keep her nice for us. We board right after you get off. We loved that Texas spirit on the Rhapsody and glad to hear the Voyager crew is just as friendly.

After all the raves, we're using EZ Park also.

Smooth sails to you and have a fabulous cruise.

Bonnie,

I will make sure the crew spiffs her up for you. We adore Rhapsody. We were on her first trip to Australia and New Zealand on 07 and all the crew members who learned we were Texans kept telling us how much they missed Texas and how great it was to sail with Texans.

If you are anything like me, there is a clean restroom inside an office trailer at the EZ Park. Just ask if you can't find it.;)

Bonnie,

I will make sure the crew spiffs her up for you. We adore Rhapsody. We were on her first trip to Australia and New Zealand on 07 and all the crew members who learned we were Texans kept telling us how much they missed Texas and how great it was to sail with Texans.

If you are anything like me, there is a clean restroom inside an office trailer at the EZ Park. Just ask if you can't find it.;)

We'll be driving down from Plano directly to Galveston so I imagine a stop in that restroom would be most welcome. Thanks for the tip. :)

Our 2 Rhapsody cruises out of Galveston far surpassed any of our other cruises (approx. 6) for friendliness both crew and passengers. Hope we get that same feeling on the Voyager.

Thank you for the excellent feedback of Voyager. We leave in 11 days and this will be our 3rd time on her. She is a great ship. I will miss her next year but I am looking forward to Mariner. I just think the Voyager class ships re a perfect size. Easy to move around the ship and even if it is full, you can always find spaces where it never feels crowded.

We'll be driving down from Plano directly to Galveston so I imagine a stop in that restroom would be most welcome. Thanks for the tip. :)

Our 2 Rhapsody cruises out of Galveston far surpassed any of our other cruises (approx. 6) for friendliness both crew and passengers. Hope we get that same feeling on the Voyager.

No way can I make it to Galveston from Plano without a stop. Ya gotta go to Bucees in Madisonville! Better bathrooms than in the trailer at EZ Cruise.

No way can I make it to Galveston from Plano without a stop. Ya gotta go to Bucees in Madisonville! Better bathrooms than in the trailer at EZ Cruise.

Deb, what is Bucees and where is Madisonville? Of course we'll stop once, usually to have breakfast. We start real early and need that nourishment :rolleyes: I STILL will need another pit stop when we got to Galveston. Don't know how long we'll have to wait in line before we board. We're in steerage so no special lines for us :p

Deb, what is Bucees and where is Madisonville? Of course we'll stop once, usually to have breakfast. We start real early and need that nourishment :rolleyes: I STILL will need another pit stop when we got to Galveston. Don't know how long we'll have to wait in line before we board. We're in steerage so no special lines for us :p

There is a restroom just inside the double doors at the pier.

You need to google Bucees. The one at Madisonville (near Centerville on I-45) is a massive convenience store, gas station, restaurant, rest stop and sporting goods store. They have the cleanest Texas sized bathrooms. You have to see them to believe them. Founded by a couple of Aggies - sell lots of Aggie gear too. You will see lots of bumper stickers with Bucee the Beaver on them. It really is an experience. We always stop on our way to and from Dallas.

There is a restroom just inside the double doors at the pier.

I know that, but sometimes it's not quite possible to wait:(.

The last time I used EZ cruise we were stuck in traffic on the IH because of construction. There was no way I could hold it until I got to the pier.

Bonnie,

Thanks for the info on the clean restroom I didn't even think they had one. Good to know.

I love Bucees, but I would need to use the one at Bucees and the one at the parking lot. LOL

Heck, we are only driving down from Sugar Land and I barely make it into the terminal without a pit stop. Found out about the EZ Cruise bathroom during our annual fog delay. There was quite a line for the potty as we sat in traffic on the street for hours. Please God no fog on Jan 16th.

Bunch of good ones. But, we have comme to trust EZcruise. If booked online $50.00. If you want for an extra $10.00 you vehicle goes under a cover. I drop Sue and the bags, drive the two blocks, park and walk back, or if I am really lazy...ride the bus.

On the return, they use several mini buses to move folks to the lot. The advantage of this is that you do not wait long to leave like you do when larger buses wait to fill.

Agree 100%.:cool:

Agree 100%.:cool:

As someone on our cruise roll call posted regarding EZ Cruise...

"if it's good enough for Snoozeman, it's good enough for me" We actually decided on EZ Cruise based on your recommendation :)

Thanks for all the great pit stop tips. How far from Galveston is Bucees? Never heard of Madisonville or Centerville :confused: I hardly heard of half of the towns included in the DFW metroplex :eek:

I have used EZ Cruise each time we have sailed out of Galveston. They do a good job nd are a good value for your money. When departing for a cruise, I have found traffic is always getting choked on the final drive to port (and EZ Cruise) in Galveston. That is not EZ Cruise's fault. Generally not so much problem when leaving. Just expect delays and don't worry. You are leaving on a cruise!!! :)

"if it's good enough for Snoozeman, it's good enough for me" We actually decided on EZ Cruise based on your recommendation :)

I missed that, I promise I'll be more active the next 17 days!!:)

You need to google Bucees. The one at Madisonville (near Centerville on I-45) is a massive convenience store, gas station, restaurant, rest stop and sporting goods store. They have the cleanest Texas sized bathrooms. You have to see them to believe them. Founded by a couple of Aggies - sell lots of Aggie gear too. You will see lots of bumper stickers with Bucee the Beaver on them. It really is an experience. We always stop on our way to and from Dallas.

Definitely stop at Bucees if you're traveling I-45 down from Plano. If for nothing other than the fudge (and the best bathrooms in the state). But seriously, the fudge!

I've gained at least 5 lbs since my parents moved to Arlington and I make the drive past Bucees about once a month to visit them.

Thanks for all the great pit stop tips. How far from Galveston is Bucees? Never heard of Madisonville or Centerville :confused: I hardly heard of half of the towns included in the DFW metroplex :eek:

Bucees is about an hour from downtown Houston, so about 1:45-2:00 from Galveston?

You start seeing the signs almost as soon as you get on I-45 (100 miles to Bucees) which helps pass the time. Madisonville is so small you could blink and miss it :)

Centerville is just about the mid point between Houston and Dallas.

Heck, we are only driving down from Sugar Land and I barely make it into the terminal without a pit stop. Found out about the EZ Cruise bathroom during our annual fog delay. There was quite a line for the potty as we sat in traffic on the street for hours. Please God no fog on Jan 16th.

I am right there with you; we are from Houston. We are praying for no fog or delays on the 16th as well.

We're also sailing on 1/16, and will be driving from Houston. We're normally dropped off and picked up, but opted to leave the car in Galveston this time. We decided on Park N' Cruise ($47 online, $55 drive-up ... $18 additional for a covered spot) because of its proximity to the ship. I can leave my wife and our luggage at the terminal, drive across the street and walk back (there is no shuttle). Coming home, it's the reverse. Friends have used them, and have been quite satisfied. We'll see ... if it works for us, fine. If not, we'll just make other arrangements next time.

Archived