Just off Voyager .... Personal observations

DH and I are looking forward to our Feb 13 cruise on Voyager

, and I am glad to see so many nice comments about her. I hope they will at least have a little chocolate for Valentine's Day ! The ports will be totally new to us, and I love sea days, so I know we will have agreat time .

You can always order a plate of choc strawberries delivered to the cabin as a surprise for the spouse. Fortunately for me I should arrive home in time for dinner on Valentines day after a week away on the Dubai cruise.

Hope everyone heading down to Galveston on Saturday is aware the Houston area is expecting a big rain storm...so pack an umbrella and drive carefully. The news just a minute ago said something about lots of rain on Saturday...I hope it moves West and fills the ponds at the ranch. I think I am down by 1-2 million gallons of pond water.

Do people who cruise often feel this sense of heightened anticiaption? This incredible feeling of excitement? Sure hope so. It's a good way to feel :)

Um, yeah! That's why we cruise again and again!

The problem comes in when you arrive back home and you are rudely awakened once again to the fact that 1) your bed doesn't make itself, 2) your food doesn't cook and serve itself and 3) there is no one who lives in your house whose only job it is all day to make you happy! :D:D

The problem comes in when you arrive back home and you are rudely awakened once again to the fact that 1) your bed doesn't make itself, 2) your food doesn't cook and serve itself and 3) there is no one who lives in your house whose only job it is all day to make you happy! :D:D

Oh Yeah!!! I can relate.

We call that PCD (post cruise depression) - it's the worst! :(

Change of plans. Friends are now flying in to Dallas tomorrow so we're all going to drive down to Galveston on Sat. I feel so much better about that! Staying in Gaido's motel. Not fancy but good for the one night, they keep our car for the duration of the cruise, rate is less than $60 and we get a $10 coupon for Gaido's or Casey's. Reservation clerk said more were staying there that will be cruising. I just can't wait!!! Do people who cruise often feel this sense of heightened anticiaption? This incredible feeling of excitement? Sure hope so. It's a good way to feel :)

Great. You will be so much more relaxed on Sunday when you board the ship. Is it this Sunday? If so, good thing you aren't driving then because I hear forecase is for some heavy rain.

Don't forget about Sam's Restaurant in Fairfield -- fabulous buffet with chicken fried steak, BBQ beef & chicken, fried chicken, fried catfish, and fried shrimp. Plus great pies for dessert. Exit # 197 I think.

Taxi should only be about $20 or so to get to the cruise terminal.

And, yes, I always get heightened anticipation just before my cruise.

You can always order a plate of choc strawberries delivered to the cabin as a surprise for the spouse. Fortunately for me I should arrive home in time for dinner on Valentines day after a week away on the Dubai cruise.

Hope everyone heading down to Galveston on Saturday is aware the Houston area is expecting a big rain storm...so pack an umbrella and drive carefully. The news just a minute ago said something about lots of rain on Saturday...I hope it moves West and fills the ponds at the ranch. I think I am down by 1-2 million gallons of pond water.

We're dying here, only .70 in last 12+ weeks. I put out rye grass and there hasn't been enough moisture to do anything, we'll have spring grass before it comes up.:rolleyes:

No way can I make it to Galveston from Plano without a stop. Ya gotta go to Bucees in Madisonville! Better bathrooms than in the trailer at EZ Cruise.

Deb - sounds like our drive down. Bucee's is a must. We head out Mar 13 for Spring Break.

I might mentioned our last cruise we stayed at the Harbor Inn. It was fun to see the ship come in the morning of and a very easy walk to the ship. They charged us 20 to park for the week. Of course, sent the hubby to get the car for the return. Less momentum after a fun filled week.

Deb - sounds like our drive down. Bucee's is a must. We head out Mar 13 for Spring Break.

I might mentioned our last cruise we stayed at the Harbor Inn. It was fun to see the ship come in the morning of and a very easy walk to the ship. They charged us 20 to park for the week. Of course, sent the hubby to get the car for the return. Less momentum after a fun filled week.

OK, so what's the secret here? I went to look at room rates at the Harbor House at Pier 21 for January 29 and it says it requires a two-night stay. What was your experience with this? I only need one night! :eek:

We're dying here, only .70 in last 12+ weeks. I put out rye grass and there hasn't been enough moisture to do anything, we'll have spring grass before it comes up.:rolleyes:

I didn't seed but thought I would...glad with the lack of rain I didn't. Just hope I don't burn thru all the hay...gets way expensive to feed the cattle. I wonder if the goats do as well on hay as cattle will?

OK, so what's the secret here? I went to look at room rates at the Harbor House at Pier 21 for January 29 and it says it requires a two-night stay. What was your experience with this? I only need one night! :eek:

I used Hotels.com and it did not require a 2 night stay. We did not have any problems and it was even Dickens on the Strand.

Archived