Switch from 7203 to 7199 for SA, Infinity?

trk_koa

We are sailing around the horn on Infinity. We have an Aft C1 7203, paid in full last week.

So we just passed the final payment date and a bunch of FV cabins came up as available yesterday. At first they were $800 pp more than our C1 cost, but this morning they are $200 pp.

I'm a bit torn on whether to try to move. FV are not concierge class, correct? So we'd miss out on a cruise credit and cc benefits. We are Diamond on RCI so Elite already.

DH seems to want the cruise credit and to not have to move back to 7203 for the second part of our B2B. But 7199 is only 2 doors down so the move would be easy.

Ah, but that wrap around balcony entices me.

Would you switch?

Nancy

If it was just the one cruise I'd do it in a second (just did a similar move for our next cruise as a matter of fact). We've done this before and while the CC benefits are nice we prefer the extra room in the FV and the corner veranda. But having to move would be a major consideration for me and I'm not quite sure what I'd do. I know it isn't the end of the world but I really hate packing up, and while you wouldn't have to do a full packing you'd still need to do some.

I would stay with your aft C1. You get the extra cruise credit for going CC, plus the balcony is huge. We were on a C1 on Millennium this past September in 8170 and had a wine/cheese party with 10-12 people out there. There were 2 cushioned loungers plus 2 cushioned chairs and a large table for breakfast.

Nancy: As you well know in about 2 weeks the Valpo/Fll cruise will be at the same point and my guess would be that those FV's will open then. Perhaps 7199 will be available and then you could book it for the B2B and not have to move. I thought about a switch for about 30 seconds but will stay in 7208 for both legs. If you do pick up the corner FV you could host a few parties. :D See you in about 10 weeks :D Walt

If it were the other way around, 7203 for around the horn and 7199 for the canal, it'd be a no-brainer for me. DH thinks it might be hard on the psyche to move from the FV to the C1 for the second cruise. I think he just doesn't want to move.

As for the cruise credit, DH thinks X will add a higher tier someday. I personally don't see the issue there.

I'm still mulling it over.

Nancy

Wow. The second leg of our b2b came available at hundreds less than the C 1. Go figure. I was able to switch to FV 7202 for $108 less net for the two cruises. Nice present for celebrating our mutual milestone birthdays.

Nancy

Archived