Royal Stock

SeaDays

Yes. Basically it's usefulness now is for short cruises ( 5 days or less) where you are booking an inside/outside cabin. Especially if you are not Platinum/Diamond.

It is also often useful on Celebrity as Celebrity does not offer discounts through their loyalty program like RCI does. I have been able to use the Shareholder OBC on all my Celebrity cruises.

Latest issue of Fortune magazine has RCL included in a 10 stocks pick list along with a short description of their reasoning. Biggest factor for them was the ability to move ships to where economies are stronger or there is more interest in cruising. Ala Brilliance moving to the Med a couple years ago. Gives whole new meaning to "chasing the market".

It is also often useful on Celebrity as Celebrity does not offer discounts through their loyalty program like RCI does. I have been able to use the Shareholder OBC on all my Celebrity cruises.

Very true. I had forgotten that it was used for Celebrity as well (being on the RCCL forum it slipped my mind) I have used it on my last two Celebrity cruises in fact, so it does come in handy there.

Carnival also does the same arrangement with their stock ($100 gets you an OBC for the carnival lines), whereas NCL does not.

About $6.00, just to get the Stockholders benefits, I bought some more when it got to $5.40 or so, dang, I should have known to buy more.

By the way, the Stock holders benefits have paid for first round purchase and then some. :D

It is meaningless to compare the stock prices of two companies; the comparison has zero meaning. For example if Carnival decided to do a 1 for 2 stock split, the stock price would instantly double. You need to factor in the number of outstanding shares (as well as other factors) to compare the value of two companies. RCL's Market Cap is 10.04 Billion and CCL's is 35.65 Billion. Both stocks are having outstanding years and RCL stock received a huge boost today because CCL reported strong future bookings at higher prices.

You are right that it is a basically meaningless comparison, but that fact didn't stop many from citing the difference when the comparison was in Carnival's favor. The stock price for both lines is much higher than was the case a little more than a year ago, when some were claiming that RCI stock would shortly be totally worthless. If CCL's report is responsible for the increase in the value of RCI's stock, I would take it to mean that expectations are that RCI's financial report will be equally, if not more, promising.

Archived