Royal Stock

SeaDays

Now higher than Carnival. How about that!

It is meaningless to compare the stock prices of two companies; the comparison has zero meaning. For example if Carnival decided to do a 1 for 2 stock split, the stock price would instantly double. You need to factor in the number of outstanding shares (as well as other factors) to compare the value of two companies. RCL's Market Cap is 10.04 Billion and CCL's is 35.65 Billion. Both stocks are having outstanding years and RCL stock received a huge boost today because CCL reported strong future bookings at higher prices.

Well why did'nt someone tell me to buy MORE.....I am happy with my return so far plus getting the OBC when we sail.....I see it is over 46.00 today...anybody know why it jumped 3 dollars plus just today?

It was because of Carnival Corp's earnings report. They announced that they are bookings are up despite higher pricing. RCL stock surged on that news as strong bookings for Carnival means strong bookings for RCCL; the news was interpreted as good news about the cruise industry rather than just applying to Carnival Corp only.

It was because of Carnival Corp's earnings report. They announced that they are bookings are up despite higher pricing. RCL stock surged on that news as strong bookings for Carnival means strong bookings for RCCL; the news was interpreted as good news about the cruise industry rather than just applying to Carnival Corp only.

Thanks Gonzo...THAT IS GREAT NEWS!......Now lets just hope they do not put in the Fuel Supplement any time soon....:eek::(

Mike

RCL's Market Cap is 10.04 Billion and CCL's is 35.65 Billion.

Wow, im surprised CCL is just over 3x the market cap of RCL.

I assumed with all the brands CCL operates they would be that much bigger. Will have to look @ their market share.

It sounds to me like tomorrow is a good time to sell!

Everything is cyclical, and we paid just over $37.00 for some, and just at $7.00 for more.

I still have concerns of how well Royal Caribbean will fill over 12,000 passengers each week, on a couple of ships that have all of the bells and whistles.......but no personality.

I certainly have been wrong before.......and maybe they will prove me wrong again......actually I hope that they do!:)

Rick

I still have concerns of how well Royal Caribbean will fill over 12,000 passengers each week, on a couple of ships that have all of the bells and whistles.......but no personality.

Rick

Oasis and Allure do have their own personalities. You just have to spend a little more time on board to sea it.

Merry Christmas to you and Bobbie!

R&D

Oasis and Allure do have their own personalities. You just have to spend a little more time on board to sea it.

Merry Christmas to you and Bobbie!

R&D

Thanks you two! Bobbie has talked me into doing a 7 night on the Allure, just to take in eveything that the ship has to offer.

You have done this, and we appreciate your knowledge and advice.;)

Rick

Congrats on your choosing Allure. You will find her personality.

What kind of cabin will you book? We had a B1 for the second time. The Allure Boardwalk was louder than the Oasis Boardwalk. There is more happening on the Allure BW than Oasis.

When we book our next Oasis class cruise, we will book an ocean facing balcony. The Boardwalk and Central Park will always be there when you want to go there. Nothing really beats a balcony viewing the sea.

Again, Merry Christmas!

Rick and Deirdra

Congrats on your choosing Allure. You will find her personality.

What kind of cabin will you book? We had a B1 for the second time. The Allure Boardwalk was louder than the Oasis Boardwalk. There is more happening on the Allure BW than Oasis.

When we book our next Oasis class cruise, we will book an ocean facing balcony. The Boardwalk and Central Park will always be there when you want to go there. Nothing really beats a balcony viewing the sea.

Again, Merry Christmas!

Rick and Deirdra

Merry Christmas to both of you!

Thanks for the advice!

Rick

Best stock deal I ever made. Last year we were visiting friends we met while cruising and their son who was a stockbroker called and urged them to buy 100 shares. We jumped on that bandwagon too. Since then, we have received $650 in obc for our three cruises. Sold the stock last week at around $43 per share. We paid about $6 a share:eek:. So, we made $50 on obc alone, plus the $4300 on the stock! Wish they all worked out that way ;).

Unfortunately, the new policies don't allow us to combine anymore so we cashed in, but it was a heckuva ride. Santa is very happy.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Someone mentioned that if you own stock you get on board credit. How does that work?

The amount varies from $50 (for short cruises) to $250 (for cruises of 14 nights or more). However it can't be combined with other perks from the cruise line such as the Platinum/Diamond balcony discount, OBC for booking a future cruise while on a current cruise, or Crown & Anchor coupons. You need to have at least 100 shares of RCL to qualify.

It's finally up over what I paid for it 4 years ago!
LOL, I thought I was the only one! :eek:

But, I got smart and bought another 100 at just under $33. Of course, if I waited a bit longer, I could have bought it under $10. ;)

Maybe the dividends will come back again. :rolleyes:

The amount varies from $50 (for short cruises) to $250 (for cruises of 14 nights or more). However it can't be combined with other perks from the cruise line such as the Platinum/Diamond balcony discount, OBC for booking a future cruise while on a current cruise, or Crown & Anchor coupons. You need to have at least 100 shares of RCL to qualify.

Yes. Basically it's usefulness now is for short cruises ( 5 days or less) where you are booking an inside/outside cabin. Especially if you are not Platinum/Diamond. The future booking credit for those cruises is $25/cabin where the shareholder one is $50 (I used it for my last cruise on the majesty). It still can be used with TA obc (most of the time, if it's credit provided by the TA alone)

Archived