(Late) Review of Navigator of the Seas 11/29/10-12/4/10--with pictures!

GREAT REPORT, Your Mom was right the shrimp and monkfish skewer was horrible!!! I ordered it on the Freedom this month and it was a mess! Do you have the MDR menus for your five day NOS cruise? Also where did you have to go to pick up the ice show tickets?

GREAT REPORT, Your Mom was right the shrimp and monkfish skewer was horrible!!! I ordered it on the Freedom this month and it was a mess! Do you have the MDR menus for your five day NOS cruise? Also where did you have to go to pick up the ice show tickets?

Haha, I'll have to tell my mom about what you said about the skewer. She will be glad to hear that somebody else agreed with her. Sorry, but I do not have the dining room menus. There were no tickets for the ice show. There were 4 performances, two on Day 2 and two on Day 5. I would suggest that you get in line outside of Studio B about 30 minutes before the show starts to make sure that you get a seat. We went to the very first performance and there were plenty of seats, but the lines were huge for the performances on the last day.

This is great!!! It's our first cruise (family of 4) and I am SO excited now after seeing these pictures!!! Aside from not gaining 10 pounds, I now have a new goal for my very first cruise - AVOID BEING ON THE CRUISE DIRECTOR'S "TOP 10 LIST OF STUPID QUESTIONS ASKED BY PASSENGERS"!!

Geat pix...so excited!!!

Great review and pics of your cruise !!! ;)

We were with you on this cruise as well and got off the ship 12/18 and love the Navigator. We have sailed 6 times on her and always enjoy their great staff, service and food and entertainment.:)

I have to ask...where did you find the Honey Stung Chicken in the Windjammer this time ?:confused:

That is the one thing I always look forward to having the first day and never found it on all 4 cruises for except the room service menu. I was bummed they did not have it, but ordered it a couple of times a cruise for room service and it is actually better that way. They did have a pretty good replacement in the WJ for it though that I have not seen until now and that is the Buttermilk Fried Chicken.:D

That was really good tasting fried chicken and had that once a cruise and it was excellent.

Well enough about my chicken rant !!!:D:o

Glad you enjoyed your cruise !!!

My friend and I are taking the 4 day to Cozumel in February. I noticed the Solarium pool wasn't full on one of your days on the boat, is this normal?

I know in February it'll be a little chilly to enjoy the outdoors but we probably will anyway (we both live in Florida- weather in February is considered NICE).

Also, the ice skating....do you have to make an appointment to go or do you just show up as soon as they start the open skating?

Do you know if the spa has any saunas or anything? Do you have to pay to use the spa facilities (other than the fitness center).

We're going on Navigator in Feb and Allure in May.

This is great!!! It's our first cruise (family of 4) and I am SO excited now after seeing these pictures!!! Aside from not gaining 10 pounds, I now have a new goal for my very first cruise - AVOID BEING ON THE CRUISE DIRECTOR'S "TOP 10 LIST OF STUPID QUESTIONS ASKED BY PASSENGERS"!!

Geat pix...so excited!!!

Thank you! Have a great cruise!

Care to share any of the top 10 questions? Would be a good laugh for my early morning.

I don't want to give away too many, but here are a few:

"Has this ship ever sunk?"

"Does the crew sleep onboard?"

"Is the water in the toilet salt water or fresh water?"

Great review and pics of your cruise !!! ;)

We were with you on this cruise as well and got off the ship 12/18 and love the Navigator. We have sailed 6 times on her and always enjoy their great staff, service and food and entertainment.:)

I have to ask...where did you find the Honey Stung Chicken in the Windjammer this time ?:confused:

That is the one thing I always look forward to having the first day and never found it on all 4 cruises for except the room service menu. I was bummed they did not have it, but ordered it a couple of times a cruise for room service and it is actually better that way. They did have a pretty good replacement in the WJ for it though that I have not seen until now and that is the Buttermilk Fried Chicken.:D

That was really good tasting fried chicken and had that once a cruise and it was excellent.

Well enough about my chicken rant !!!:D:o

Glad you enjoyed your cruise !!!

Thank you! This was our first time on the Navigator, and we really enjoyed it, so hopefully we will be back. The honey stung fried chicken was located on one of the buffet islands, right across from where the dessert was.

My friend and I are taking the 4 day to Cozumel in February. I noticed the Solarium pool wasn't full on one of your days on the boat, is this normal?

I know in February it'll be a little chilly to enjoy the outdoors but we probably will anyway (we both live in Florida- weather in February is considered NICE).

Also, the ice skating....do you have to make an appointment to go or do you just show up as soon as they start the open skating?

Do you know if the spa has any saunas or anything? Do you have to pay to use the spa facilities (other than the fitness center).

We're going on Navigator in Feb and Allure in May.

That picture of the Solarium was from boarding day, so it was empty when I took the picture. That usually isn't normal, however, on the days the ship was in port and most passengers left the ship, there were plenty of chairs in the Solarium.

No appointments for ice skating. Just be sure to get there a few minutes before the time listed on the Cruise Compass. You will need to fill out a waiver and get skates. I got there about 15 minutes before skating started and was able to have the rink almost to myself for about 20 minutes.

The spa does have saunas. However, I can't answer your questions about having to pay for any of the spa facilities because I did not use any of those things.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the review and pictures. We were on the Navigator 12/9 - 12/13 and loved everything except we were disappointed with the food in the main dining room. Guess we should have tried the Windjammer for dinner. We were on the Liberty in Oct/Nov and the food was much better. Different ship.....different chef.

Dee

My husband and I will on navigator Feb 7th, we cannot wait!! I know he will enjoy the pic you took of the basketball court. We were on Monarch Dec 3rd, and they only have 1/2 court. We look forward to this cruise. Thanks for the geart review!!

You're welcome! This was a great cruise, so I wanted to share my experience with anyone who might be sailing on the Navigator in the near future.

I haven't gotten any further in your review yet, but I also thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I'll be on the Navigator in less than 2 weeks (yippee!), so this review with pictures (awesome!) comes just in time!

Glad to see your review and pix. We'll be on Navigator a week from Monday for a 7 nighter. Although we are Platinum, it's been a while since we have sailed on RCCL and we are looking forward to it.

I haven't gotten any further in your review yet, but I also thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I'll be on the Navigator in less than 2 weeks (yippee!), so this review with pictures (awesome!) comes just in time!

You're welcome! I hope you have a great time!

Great job on the review!

I know exactly what you are talking about on the Thai BBQ Chicken. I was on the Freedom back in August and ordered it, having had it several times previously. The waiter sat it down in front of me. I asked "Is this the Thai BBQ Chicken?" He said they had recently changed the recipe. After dinner, he asked for feedback on it. I politely told him I recommended to change it back :) and haven't ordered it again.

Great job on the review!

I know exactly what you are talking about on the Thai BBQ Chicken. I was on the Freedom back in August and ordered it, having had it several times previously. The waiter sat it down in front of me. I asked "Is this the Thai BBQ Chicken?" He said they had recently changed the recipe. After dinner, he asked for feedback on it. I politely told him I recommended to change it back :) and haven't ordered it again.

bionicman97--

Thank you! I also enjoyed your review of the Radiance.

As for the Thai BBQ Chicken, mine was covered in some horribly salty green topping...they definitely need to go back to the old recipe.

Hey great review!

My mate and I will be going on the Navigator in March 2011.

Is there any advice/ reccomendations you would make to 2 21/22 year old guys?

This will be our first Caribbean cruise (and first cruise with RCCL) so any advice would be helpful :)

Thanks for the review. We sail in just over 2 weeks, and because of Christmas, we haven't had a chance to get too overly excited about it yet, but this review and the pics certainly put me in the mood. Looking forward to our first RCI cruise.

Hey great review!

My mate and I will be going on the Navigator in March 2011.

Is there any advice/ reccomendations you would make to 2 21/22 year old guys?

This will be our first Caribbean cruise (and first cruise with RCCL) so any advice would be helpful :)

Thank you!

There should be a lot of people in their 20's on that cruise, as it is Spring Break for a lot of schools during March. I would definitely suggest checking out the night clubs on board, The Dungeon especially. One night they also had something called Club Twenty, which was music and dancing, up by the pool.

As for other things to do onboard, I had a good time ice skating. Be sure to check out The Quest gameshow and participate in that.

Also, be sure to check out the different excursions for each port that you are going to be visiting. There are some pretty interesting things to do at each place.

I have been on Royal Caribbean 11 times, and I've never had a problem finding something to do, especially on the Navigator. You will have a great time!

Archived