Capnpugwash is going to the Canaries

capnpugwash

Have really enjoyed following your journey.

Is the chocoholic tea a P & O thing? Do they do this on every P & O cruise?

I cannot bear to see the waste & greed that some cruisers feel they must do at teatime:(

I believe that they do it on all but the very short cruises, apparently there were less attendees yesterday as it coincided with the Bingo Snowball Jackpot competition where someone must win the accumullated jackpot. It is often £2000 plus but yesterday was only £600.

Only on longer cruises. You don't get one on a 7 day cruise.

It is served at 3pm in one of the restaurants and replaces the normal afternoon tea on that day. It is usually combined with a tour of the galley (kitchen)

Brian

On Ventura Transatlantic it was served at the buffet, in fact they were setting it up just outside the buffet area. Lots of little frilly paper sticks with cake on. Is that the same thing? I didn't go, but just saw them setting it up when I passed. People on pool deck were coming back with plates full.

Would it have been served in the dining room as well?

[quote name='BrianI']Only on longer cruises. You don't get one on a 7 day cruise.
It is served at 3pm in one of the restaurants and replaces the normal afternoon tea on that day. It is usually combined with a tour of the galley (kitchen)
Brian[/quote]

We had one on the seven night Christmas Markets Cruise Artemis and the queue stretched all the way up both staircases and into Tiffanys ! I don't think much was wasted either - looking at the debris !

[quote name='capnpugwash']Well, here is a link to the photos. I hope itworks and that you enjoy them.
[URL]http://picasaweb.google.com/jimcollins123/ArtemisAtChristmas2010?authkey=Gv1sRgCMvqztqT8oXxkgE#[/URL][/quote]

Ahh! Lovely pictures and I loved the pic titles, especially the fireworks :D.
You have some great dawn shots. Madeira looks really nice. Is it all cleaned up now after the mudslides?

By the way, you left a little cream at Reids :eek:

Thanks, I really enjoyed them. :)

Archived