Laundry on Epic

xray121995

Hello, just wondering if anyone just off the Epic can tell me if they do a laundry bag special and if they do, what day is it on? If not, do you happen to know the laundry prices? Just trying to decide if it's cheaper to get laundry done or pack an extra suitcase!

Thanks, Wendy

I think you had to give the bag to them wednesday am. and it was returned thursday early evening.

oh and I think it was $25 for a bag. I was considering just getting a pair of trousers for me for 5.95... but mine, SO & dd's for $25 made alot more sense. It fit everything we had worn from sat-wed. 2 outfits a day.

Edited by victoriasmommy

It is quite the deal. $25 for as much laundry as you can stuff into a laundry bag. They will press your shirts too. We considered it but really went freestyle. We brought dress clothes but never wore them LOL

NCL is more freestyle than ever. Shorts and flip flops are accepted everywhere except Manhattan Room and Le Bistro. They do have one dress up night and quite a few got fancy but most everyone was still freestyle.

I'm glad to see which day they do the laundry special. When we sailed (late July) the laundry special was drop off by wednesday night and have your clothes back by friday afternoon. Well, that's whey we were packing. I can just as easily pack dirty clothes as I can clean ones, so we passed. :)

Hello, just wondering if anyone just off the Epic can tell me if they do a laundry bag special and if they do, what day is it on? If not, do you happen to know the laundry prices? Just trying to decide if it's cheaper to get laundry done or pack an extra suitcase!

Thanks, Wendy

Still wondering if anyone has a list of the prices. Trying to figure out if it would be cheaper to just pay for some laundering earlier or mid week even before the special if we need instead of the extra suitcase. Is there self-serve laundry????

Wendy

Still wondering if anyone has a list of the prices. Trying to figure out if it would be cheaper to just pay for some laundering earlier or mid week even before the special if we need instead of the extra suitcase. Is there self-serve laundry????

Wendy

There isn't any self serve laundry. I can tell you they also had a 1/2 price pressing deal the first day of the cruise. I had my dress pressed for $3 instead of $6. I can't find the price list but it wasn't cheap to get things cleaned prior to the special. The $25 was a really good deal on the Wednesday though.

• 4 years later...

We're just off the BA Christmas cruise and we did it. It's $27.99 per bag. It's a huge bag - it seemed to me to be larger than the last time we cruised - and it fits a lot. We fit in 4 hoodies, 4 pairs of pants and all the dirty socks and underwear that four people from the previous Sat, when we flew in, to Wed as well as 6 or 7 t-shirts and a couple pair of shorts. It goes out Wed and comes back Fri. The cruise was Sun to Sun, out of NYC, so my kids (young adults actually) didn't pack enough cold weather stuff. In this way, we had the cold weather stuff we needed clean for the last two days of the cruise, as well as for air travel home. It was well worth it for us, really added up to about $6 pp. It meant that we only had to pack one small rolling carry on each for the whole trip, so we didn't have to pay for checked baggage either.

Edited by lisakoivu

This is great to hear, thank you. Do they just leave the bags in your room? And I can I ask for more than one?

We have a few days before the cruise then a week after to get through so this would mean I only need clothes for 9 days and not 16. It also means I can save time and money on having to find a launderette half way through our trip.

This is great to hear, thank you. Do they just leave the bags in your room? And I can I ask for more than one?

You should have at least one laundry bag already in your cabin closet - same bags are used for regular per-item-priced laundry also.

To be honest, I don't remember if the laundry special limits the amount to one bag per cabin etc as we have never needed more than one, but if you need more laundry bags, you can request more from your cabin steward.

Edited by Demonyte