Not to be missed on the Eclipse

bkruiser

I thought I would mention a few outstanding free events on the Eclipse that you might easily miss out on if you did not know about them:

1. Mixology 101: We attended this the first night instead of the show. Be sure to get there early or the Molecular mixologist will make you leave. He mixes a palette of drinks for each small group of people. My group was just myself and my boyfriend. You get several good sized samples of the drinks and there is no charge for this. Very interesting and in our case, we enjoyed trying the drinks, but did not really like them enough to return to the bar. But it was fun getting to try them at no cost.

2. Port and Chocolate: This was also the first or second night around 10 pm. Wonderful small buffet of chocolate desserts and port wine. Very light attendance. I don't think most were aware of this

3. Spa "fair" on Wednesday afternoon: I received free samples of stone massage, foot massage etc. Each lasted several minutes. I didn't end up booking that day and they called me late Thursday to offer a hot stone massage at 50 percent off for Friday. Well worth it.

4. Global flavor cooking show: This was the funniest thing I have ever seen. Absolutely do not miss it. The chef and staff on this boat are a riot and this show was no exception. You will not regret attending. It was on one of the last sea days. Also the kitchen tour is better than average with free samples.

I thought I would mention a few outstanding free events on the Eclipse that you might easily miss out on if you did not know about them:

1. Mixology 101: We attended this the first night instead of the show. Be sure to get there early or the Molecular mixologist will make you leave. He mixes a palette of drinks for each small group of people. My group was just myself and my boyfriend. You get several good sized samples of the drinks and there is no charge for this. Very interesting and in our case, we enjoyed trying the drinks, but did not really like them enough to return to the bar. But it was fun getting to try them at no cost.

2. Port and Chocolate: This was also the first or second night around 10 pm. Wonderful small buffet of chocolate desserts and port wine. Very light attendance. I don't think most were aware of this

3. Spa "fair" on Wednesday afternoon: I received free samples of stone massage, foot massage etc. Each lasted several minutes. I didn't end up booking that day and they called me late Thursday to offer a hot stone massage at 50 percent off for Friday. Well worth it.

4. Global flavor cooking show: This was the funniest thing I have ever seen. Absolutely do not miss it. The chef and staff on this boat are a riot and this show was no exception. You will not regret attending. It was on one of the last sea days. Also the kitchen tour is better than average with free samples.

Thanks for the tips! We are on her in less than a month. :)

Thanks for the great tips! We'll be sailing the Eclipse in February and am interested in some these events. Two questions: where was the Port and Chocolate event held, and what did you mean by the mixologist would make you leave? I'm assuming that participation was limited to a certain number of spots, and the mixologist would close the event after it was full.

The Port and Chocolate event was in the Sky lounge at 10 pm either the first or second night. My memory is fuzzy already. The mixologist prepared palates of drinks for those he saw waiting for the event which started at 7. It took him awhile to do this prior to 7 pm. When others showed up at 7 pm, he told them they would need to come back another time. So to ensure you get drinks, get there about 10-15 minutes early.

The Port and Chocolate event was in the Sky lounge at 10 pm either the first or second night. My memory is fuzzy already. The mixologist prepared palates of drinks for those he saw waiting for the event which started at 7. It took him awhile to do this prior to 7 pm. When others showed up at 7 pm, he told them they would need to come back another time. So to ensure you get drinks, get there about 10-15 minutes early.

Thank you! I'm really glad you shared these tips with everyone.

The Port and Chocolate event was in the Sky lounge at 10 pm either the first or second night. My memory is fuzzy already.

Maybe it is a little fuzzy?... on our 7 day Eastern Carib it was on Day 4 (St. Martin) down in the Passport Bar (on deck 3), at 10:30 pm. We just luckily happened upon it coming from someplace else that evening. I was surprised how sparsely attended it was, considering it was chocolate...:D It was also only ONE table of goodies, with TWO ice carvings. the choc Eiffel tower from brunch, and a chocolate fountain taking up most of the room. The port was difficult to attain... Even though the bar displayed bottles of port, there was only one server passing port glasses, and he disappeared behind a door for 10 min at a clip to get more. (they were NOT pouring it at the bar, surprisingly) After trying three times to get a glass, I gave up :(

No, the week of Dec 4 it was definitely in the Sky lounge. No problem getting port as there were two women standing at the entrance with trays of glasses. The table was not huge, but plenty of choices of desserts. You can only eat so much chocolate. No chocolate fountain at this event, however. It was earlier in the week than the buffet but I saw some of same desserts at the buffet a few days later.

• 1 month later...

Archived