Photo errors on new web site!!

39august

I just noticed today that for Serenade the photo depicting Suites is a Jr. Suite, even tho only the Royal suite is availalbe on my sailing. A novice would think the picture shows a Royal Ste. and wonder why it is so costly! Conversly, the picture for balcony cabins is a Grand Ste.! Again, a novice would think, what a bargain! On Mariner the photo for both suites and balconies is of a Jr. Suite. Did this just happen today, or did I just notice this? I think I would have noticed showing a Gr. Ste. for a balcony before today! I had noted that every ship I had looked at was showing only the Jr. Ste. for the suite catagory regardless of what suite was available. Very poor marketing on RCI's part. If I booked a balcony based on a photo of a Gr. Ste. I would be saying "bait and switch" to RCI.

I just noticed today that for Serenade the photo depicting Suites is a Jr. Suite, even tho only the Royal suite is availalbe on my sailing. A novice would think the picture shows a Royal Ste. and wonder why it is so costly! Conversly, the picture for balcony cabins is a Grand Ste.! Again, a novice would think, what a bargain! On Mariner the photo for both suites and balconies is of a Jr. Suite. Did this just happen today, or did I just notice this? I think I would have noticed showing a Gr. Ste. for a balcony before today! I had noted that every ship I had looked at was showing only the Jr. Ste. for the suite catagory regardless of what suite was available. Very poor marketing on RCI's part. If I booked a balcony based on a photo of a Gr. Ste. I would be saying "bait and switch" to RCI.

We noticed that also and it has left a bad taste in our mouth. We know what the cabins look like, but feel sorry for any first time cruisers who use the site and are disappoiinted when they get on the ship.

The text descriptions for the cabins need to be fixed up as well. When looking for a regular Oceanview cabin on the Majesty of the Seas... you know, the ship with the tiny cabins, it says:

Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), sitting area , vanity area, and a private bathroom. (180 sq. ft.)

People would be quite surprised to see how tiny "180" square feet turns out to be.

The photo for the stateroom may be correct (I've not actually seen one yet, but I think it's right) and there it does list the cabin as having just 122 sq. ft.

We were looking at that balcony cabin photo for Serenade as well! :rolleyes: I called my husband in to see it....first comment, "Isn't that a Grand Suite? Oh look there's the bar in the foreground. And look at all the furniture!"

Second comment, "I wonder how many people are going to print this photo and then complain that their balcony cabin looks NOTHING like it?" :D:D

I see this as a problem mostly for novice cruisers, or first time on RCI and/or booking a balcony or suite. Those of us with lots of RCI experience are going to know the pics are not correct. But your idea of printing that GS picture and bringing on board may be a very good one! For what it is worth, I emailed A. Goldstein about the problem just pointing out how the errors could impact cruisers and adding I love the RCI product, but want RCI to be shown at its best.

Archived