What is your favorite month to cruise

KsCrafter

We went in Oct and January to West Carribbean and the Oct we diverted due to Hurricane but had 3 full days at sea that were smooth as glass. January was windy/cool leaving Galveston but was summer/shorts weather in Cozumel and the beach was great for swimming in.

• 3 years later...

For us it's usually late Jan early Feb to get away from the winter cold and doldrums and then in October to celebrate our Anniversary...added plus for Oct cruise is it's also a great time as kids are back in school and I find the ships are not packed thus a really enjoyable cruise

Leaving on August 2sd...... Should i expect lots of kids? Aren't they back in school in August?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

depends on where you live..I have 7 grandchildren and each group of siblings starts on a different date..some last week in August and the others in Sept. (also different dates) If you are on an Aug 2nd sailing I would say chances are good that their will be a LOT of kids on that cruise..

This may be a silly question, but is the water warm enough in the western caribbean to go to the beach in the winter months? I really really want to cruise in the winter while it's cold here but I don't want to miss the beach.

ABSOLUTELY..we just got off a cruise in February..went to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Grand Cayman...weather was high 80's at each port and we spend LOTS of time at the beach..came back with a beautiful tan..too bad it didn't last :mad:

The past two years have been April, and the weather has been GORGEOUS!!!

This year, we have to go in July:eek::eek:

DH is a CPA, and the end of tax season doesn't work with DD's April break.:mad:

Don't mind the HEAT, but DAMN..........we are paying $2K more to cruise in the summer. GRRRRRR

That's another cruise and a whole lotta DOD's.:D

Depends on where you are going, but basically off season.

We typically cruise two times yearly in the spring and fall. Love these seasons for Europe, Mediterranean, Eastern Medierranean, Mexico, Hawaii. Carribean.