Seabourn shore excursions in Norway.....??

alexandra cruiser

• 3 weeks later...

and will book a few excursions early,,,like Flam rail and tour,,,Olden glacier,,,and rest will do on own,,,hubby decided on these due to time constraints and ease with ship excursion....will do HOHO bus in Copenhagen,Oslo,,,,and rest play by ear...Bergen with funicular,,,,can t wait..only 3 more months...anyone else onboard???put under roll call,,,but no one else so far....will be first SB cruise....:)

and will book a few excursions early,,,like Flam rail and tour,,,Olden glacier,,,and rest will do on own,,,hubby decided on these due to time constraints and ease with ship excursion....will do HOHO bus in Copenhagen,Oslo,,,,and rest play by ear...Bergen with funicular,,,,can t wait..only 3 more months...anyone else onboard???put under roll call,,,but no one else so far....will be first SB cruise....:)

Alexandra,

the "Roof of Norway and Geirangerfjord" tour out of Olden has been recommended as one of the best ones of the cruise. It includes a ferry trip on the fjord. We are planning to book that one later on this summer. Apparently is the best chance to see the fjord since it does not go much into it when you are in Aalesund.

I'm looking forward to your reports when you come back.

For those planning these Norway travels this year in late spring and summer, here's a tip or thought to share that I posted on another board.

There is that magic question of "THE WEATHER??!!". We had great and wonderful sunny weather in early July 2010. No everyone will always be that lucky. I would strongly suggest having both a "Plan A" and "Plan B" for each of these ports. If the weather is marginal or crappy, you are ready and better able to adjust. Second, the weather might start out bad as happened with us the one morning with some rain in Geiranger on a "Roof of Norway" bus tour to Hellesylt. But, then things cleared up, the rain stopped. It didn't get bright and sunny, but it was decent and good enough. Be flexible in that planning and prep given the changing nature of weather in Norway.

Bergen has lots of rain, but in most cases it is not an all-day rain. Flexibility and goining with the "flow" is important. Good luck on everyone's weather! May the best be with you!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 31,000 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

but will just dress for anything...sort of like Alaska,,,it seems....I m from Florida,,so anything below 60 will be COLD....even went out and found some silk long underwear,,,,to be on safe side...plus warm socks,extra shoes,,new waterproof jacket,,,so I m ready,,,,won t get much use out of them after trip,,,,

Will plan on a few options,,in each port....still no one else replied to roll call section,,,odd....maybe ship to myself?????/:confused:

but will just dress for anything...sort of like Alaska,,,it seems....I m from Florida,,so anything below 60 will be COLD....even went out and found some silk long underwear,,,,to be on safe side...plus warm socks,extra shoes,,new waterproof jacket,,,so I m ready,,,,won t get much use out of them after trip,,,,

Will plan on a few options,,in each port....still no one else replied to roll call section,,,odd....maybe ship to myself?????/:confused:

Add to your good listing, Alexandra, the idea of layering!!! At certain times, there won't be much low to high temperature variations. At others times, it will change much from being cooler in the morning and then warming up a decent amount. Being flexible is important. AND, for foot gear, focus on comfort and safety as your top and main priority. Don't worry too much about "fashion". This is Norway, not Paris. Practical and solid are what's really important given the variations with pavements, walking conditions at times, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 31,100 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Archived