Is There Any Reason Not to Use Your TA to Recomment Travel Ins.?

Wannaknow

My husband. called our TA to get a travel insurance recommendation. She recommended CSA??? or Travelguard. We are not experienced cruisers and this is our 1st experience with this TA.

I noticed that no one on any of CC's boards mentioned asking their TA's about travel insurance. Is there any reason for not using your TA????

My husband. called our TA to get a travel insurance recommendation. She recommended CSA??? or Travelguard. We are not experienced cruisers and this is our 1st experience with this TA.

I noticed that no one on any of CC's boards mentioned asking their TA's about travel insurance. Is there any reason for not using your TA????

Any reason for NOT?

As with anything else, a person selling a certain product is most likely getting a commission for that product. Doesn't matter if it's the best, the worst, fits your needs or does not fit your needs. They're going to push the product that gets them the most money.

Having said that, they recommended CSA and Travelguard. Both products are highly regarded. However, insurance is just like a car manufacturer. If I told you to buy a GM, what have I really told you? Not much. Was that a recomendation for a Chevy, a Buick, a Pontiac???? the list goes on.

Both the companies recommended have various tiers of coverage that you must research and determine what's best for you.

Now,, what do I look for in insurance.

Primary Medical Insurance coverage. (My insurance does not provide coverage outside the US)

Medical Evacuation to hospital of my choice and repatriation of my remains.

Trip Cancellation/ Trip Delay

These are a couple of things important to me. Your mileage may vary.

• 2 weeks later...

In our case our TA sells Travel Insured. While yes she makes money on this she has a > 10 year relationship with them and helped us when we had a claim.

Right now we are having trouble finding the right insurance given the way I got air arrangements for 2 TransAtlantic cruises and she is working through her rep to get something which meets our needs when she couldn't get anywhere with customer service.

This one of the reasons I still use a travel agent and don't begrudge her the commissions she makes.

Archived