How common is the GI virus on the Spirit?

jenpan

Going on the Spirit March 6th and concerned about the GI virus possibly onboard. Went on another cruise line in 2007 and got sick, VERY SICK, so this virus thing is definitely in the back of my mind. Being brave and trying another cruise. Tell me your best tips for not getting sick. I thought I did a great job of handwashing, etc. on my previous cruise but I guess I didn't!!

we were on the spirit last October (09) and didn't have any problems. However, after 2 days they were doing "silver plate" service. There were some who had been sick. Its not just the spirit, we just got off the jade, and the last 3 nights were the same service, but again, we did not get sick. my best advice, is to take full advantage of the sanitization stations and the sprays going into the restaurant. carry sanitizer with you and use it often off ship. Money is filthy, by the way. I wouldn't eat off the ship and steer clear of ice. also the edge of cans and bottles should be cleaned as well. If you stick to this, you shouldn't have problems.

We were on the Spirit last March and will be on her again March 13th. We had a group of 10 last year and no one got sick. The crew is very good at making sure that every on going into eat use hand sanitizer. They are also always cleaning handrails, the elevator keys and everything that gets touched by many people. I always carry my own hand sanitizer for the ship and while we are in port. I also make sure that every one is taking extra vitamin C to help ward off any sickness, and drink plenty of water. I also take so clorox wipes and wipe down my room when we get in ( phones , door handles, ect)

Spirit doesn't get Noro any more often than any other ship.

Avoid catching Noro by washing hands with soap often, don't touch handrails and buttons that the jackstands who DON'T wash their hands with soap before leaving the toilet room might touch, avoid the buffet.

Archived