Cocoa Beach Liquor Store?

smyemar

Hi all!

Just hoping you can let me know if there is a liquor store close to the Comfort inn & suites at Cocoa Beach near port Canaveral. We will be staying here pre cruise and will want to pick up a couple of bottles to take on board with us. I prefer to not have to take them in my luggage if at all possible. Thanks.:)

There is a liquor store - a rather nice one...but not sure how close it is to Comfort Inn and SUites. As I recall, it is on the beach side of the main highway somewhere between the port and the AVIS office...sorry I can't be more specific.

Also, be advised in Florida that many Publix Supermarkets have a liquor store attached or next door to them...don't know about the Publix' in Cocoa.

Have a great cruise!

Hi all!

Just hoping you can let me know if there is a liquor store close to the Comfort inn & suites at Cocoa Beach near port Canaveral. We will be staying here pre cruise and will want to pick up a couple of bottles to take on board with us. I prefer to not have to take them in my luggage if at all possible. Thanks.:)

Which Comfort Inn and Suites are you staying at? The one on Astronaut Blvd in Port Canaveral or the one on No. Atlantic in Cocoa Beach? (Same road BTW, Florida A1A) The nearest to Port Canaveral would be Cape Canaveral Liquors on 8177 No Atlantic Which is off Church lane from A1A.

The nearest to the Cocoa Beach hotel is ABC Liquors at 6020 N Atlantic about a mile back toward the port off Taft. It has a wider selection.

However, not sure which ship you're crusiing on, but do pay attention to their rules. I know Carnival permits a bottle of wine for each adult passenger in your cabin, but no othe ralcoholic beverages. But that needs to be in your carryon. RCL limits you to 2 bottles of wine per pax but it can't be from any vinter they offer on board. Both will confiscate any wine, liquor, extra soda, water etc. if packed in your checked luggage or if in excess of the cruise lines' policies. I'm not aware of Disney's rules but would assume they are very similar.

We are staying at the one on North Atlantic Ave in Cocoa Beach before boarding the Carnival Dream. I am hoping there is something in walking distance? If not maybe I will cab it to something close. We were on the carnival valor in September so we are fully aware of our wine limitations LOL! Thanks for all your help!

Have fun on the Dream. We did it this past Feb. Had a good time. We stayed at Radison Resort at the port. There is a restaurant right in front of that place. Can't remember if it is Zachary's or Georges's. It was so good. Great Breakfast reasonable. Also have other food too. We only ate for breakfast. It is right on main highway. Burger King is right across from there too.

Archived