Crib rental?

Iggipolka

We are traveling with our daughter who will be 21 months at the time of the cruise. She has suddenly developed an adversion to sleeping in the PnP and after a disastrous sleep deprived family vacation last week, I am reluctant to feel that same frustrated exhaustion on our cruise.

When we have stayed at Disney World, we rented a full sized crib from A Babies Best a friend and that worked out wonderfully. We are in a Jr Suite on the ship, so there would be enough room for a crib.

Anyone know of a crib rental company who will deliver to a ship at Port Canavral? Or, any suggestions on helping a toddler who is used to sleeping in her own room, in a crib, adjust to sleeping in the same room with her parents, w/o having a nightly over tired melt down & sleeping in the same bed as also over tired parents? :)

I don't know what Royal Caribbean provides, but when we sailed on Carnival a few weeks ago, we requested a crib when we made our cruise reservations. The type of crib provided by them is a metal type made by LA Baby. It's not a Pack and Play.

It was waiting for us when we arrived in our cabin. The cabin steward did an amazing job cleaning after our little guy!

we are in a small room. (185 square feet) and we were simply intinding on using our pack and play. but if their crib is nice and fits better I'd be better of using that instead! I am going to look at your pics.

Also did they prohibit you from letting your little one swim?

• 2 years later...

Few ships will allow non-potty trained people in the pools. Some ships have "splash" areas for the diapered set...but not all! It's for all the passenger's safety and health to keep anyone who doesn't have control of their bowels out of the pools.

Of course, you child can swim at any beach!

Few ships will allow non-potty trained people in the pools. Some ships have "splash" areas for the diapered set...but not all! It's for all the passenger's safety and health to keep anyone who doesn't have control of their bowels out of the pools.

Of course, you child can swim at any beach!

What does this have to do with cribs????

I don't know what Royal Caribbean provides, but when we sailed on Carnival a few weeks ago, we requested a crib when we made our cruise reservations. The type of crib provided by them is a metal type made by LA Baby. It's not a Pack and Play.

It was waiting for us when we arrived in our cabin. The cabin steward did an amazing job cleaning after our little guy!

It's not a pack n play, it has metal white bars, but it is the same size as a pack n play. It also sits low to the floor just like a pack n play. It's essentially the same as a pnp. It's not a crib.

What does this have to do with cribs????

we are in a small room. (185 square feet) and we were simply intinding on using our pack and play. but if their crib is nice and fits better I'd be better of using that instead! I am going to look at your pics.

Also did they prohibit you from letting your little one swim?

Even though the OP is 3 years old, see the last line of the second quote above. It took me a few seconds to find it too. :)

We took our daughter at 6 months, then again at 16 months on a Carnival cruise. She didnt ever sleep in a pack n play before, but slept and napped with no problems. It isnt a PNP, its a mini-crib and it fits in the room with no problems, the rocking of the ship makes them sleep well in my experience anyway. The only advice I would give is to get a balcony cabin if you can so you can still enjoy your evening after the baby goes to bed :)

Archived