DP Gift and upgrade

We called the Diamond Plus desk today and asked about upgrades.... They put our name on the list. I hope we get a JS they said they had 10 open JS.... Maybe we will get lucky and get one. If not I'm happy with the cabin we have. I can't wait to see the Ship so much to see and do, we are not even getting off. The DP gift is nothing more then what you used to get before for P D and before they added DP. Who needs another bag with the logo on it. Hurry up and get here Jan 16th....

We called the Diamond Plus desk today and asked about upgrades.... They put our name on the list. I hope we get a JS they said they had 10 open JS.... Maybe we will get lucky and get one. If not I'm happy with the cabin we have. I can't wait to see the Ship so much to see and do, we are not even getting off. The DP gift is nothing more then what you used to get before for P D and before they added DP. Who needs another bag with the logo on it. Hurry up and get here Jan 16th....

They seem to be auctioning off JS's quite a bit lately for Bingo.....all of my past cruises in the last couple months have auctioned off JS up to Royal Family Suites, sometimes multiples....a bit of a slippery loyalty game.

Please explain what you mean by the Diamond Plus Gift - are you meaning the D+ amenity you get to select? At D+ there are about 20 items on the list, including some logo items, foods or wine selections. The choices increase for 49+ and 74+ cruises. We generally go for a bottle of wine.

We are also hoping for an upgrade from our balcony cabin. I understand they start calling the top cruisers and don't know where we stand in the rank.

Good luck to you for an upgrade.

M

I was talking about the D+ amenity.... We were told they do start calling and work down from there, how ever if you don't pick up they move on. If you call and let them know you would like a upgrade they will make a note and if your name comes up they just give it to you... That is what they told me this week. Hope this helps..

Just to let you know your wrong regarding the D+ Amenity. There is an online list of what you may choose for the D+ Amenity, check the C and A section on RCCL.COM

Just to let you know your wrong regarding the D+ Amenity. There is an online list of what you may choose for the D+ Amenity, check the C and A section on RCCL.COM

Really? Do you have a link? Because I've never been able to find the list on the website. In fact, in the list of benefits it just says to call 14 days ahead and request your amenity.

Really? Do you have a link? Because I've never been able to find the list on the website. In fact, in the list of benefits it just says to call 14 days ahead and request your amenity.

Darn Meg someone on CC did send me the list, I'll try to find it for you. In the mean time you can call the C&A and they will fax it or e-mail you the list.

Here is a post with the link. I used a few weeks back to call and order our amenities.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=27055960&postcount=21

Archived