How soon after final payment?

G&TQ

I'm not sure but I can tell you I checked on our Nov Explorer cruise and from what I remember only a couple of cabins became available after final payment. It seems like it was only a couple of days.

How soon after final payment does RC release the cabins?

Not sure exactly what you mean:confused:....I think what you are talking about is unsold group space being held by TA's. Most comes back just prior to final....but many times it seems that some....sometimes more than some may not get released till after final. I have also been told that sometimes large groups will cancel.....however I can't imagine them cancelling post final in penalty stage....the CL will work with large groups and it could be possible that they sometimes give them an extension on the space they are holding to try to sell it.

Not sure exactly what you mean:confused:....I think what you are talking about is unsold group space being held by TA's. Most comes back just prior to final....but many times it seems that some....sometimes more than some may not get released till after final. I have also been told that sometimes large groups will cancel.....however I can't imagine them cancelling post final in penalty stage....the CL will work with large groups and it could be possible that they sometimes give them an extension on the space they are holding to try to sell it.

OP is referring to the fact that once final payment is due, individuals and cabins held by groups become available because individuals change their minds and TA's don't sell all the cabins they are holding. Occasionally, on some cruises, you'll see multiple cabins come open and it shows AFTER final payment is due because they have to wait til after the due date has passed and the cabins are released to post them. It doesn't happen the day final payment is due. If someone doesn't pay up, then the cabin is put back into the system. You don't have to drop it til the actual date and then, some people get extensions of a couple of days.

Archived